Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

F21 Adhesive

Discussion in 'Wood' started by merit, May 9, 2011.

1. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Does any one use this type of adhesive (F21) for wood block or still use the same adhesive you put down strip wood with? Ive only put wood block down with Lecol and sika?

2. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

No never. We never touch any product that contains or resembles bitumen adhesive.
    For block floors, mosaic etc where there is no UFH involved we use F.Ball B91

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Really, thats one wood adhesive I havent used yet, I dont know why as I use alot of fballs products. I did use B92 once, that was not a nice experience.

4. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

We started using B91 as replacement of the old Lecol5500 (don't buy that stuff now, it is bound to be old stock!) and works quite well, not smelly, easy to apply and long enough window.

5. Lambchop

Lambchop Well-Known Member

Hi Woody, what's wrong with bitumen adhesive?

6. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Its nasty horrible stuff !

End off.

7. vman

vman Well-Known Member

hello merit, just wondering why you dont like b92? i use it quite often, I'm always looking for better products. cheers

8. Lambchop

Did you mean "end of" Matt? Or are you getting you're end off?

9. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Hello mate, I just found it really messy, bit nasty to trowel out too. last time I used it was about 4 years ago tho. Ive been using Rewmer ms and Bona R850 recently, but I always used Sika T54 before.

10. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

The B92 - just like the Lecol5500 was - will be removed from the market in the near future due to all the VOC regulations.
    We prefer Mapei P990 over Sika (better value for money to be honest for doing the same job very well).

As for bitumen adhesive - when will we finally be rid of all things bitumen related???? Too many houses from the 50's - 60's are now coming on the market or are being renovated and most of them have bitumen on the floor (underneath wood mosaic or marley tiles). You don't want to know how often builders just want to latex over the stuff and leave the aftermath to the trade that's always last in: the floor installer!

The stuff is no longer allowed to be used inside the house, it is toxic (and you still hear of those muppets who want to install reclaimed wood blocks on UFH without taking the trouble to remove the remaining bitumen from the blocks!)

As Mat says: end off

11. Lambchop

I agree, end of..

12. tedmaced

tedmaced Well-Known Member

I dont know why im replying to this post as clearly the admin have edited it !

13. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

And you are absolutely not funny. This is supposed to be a professional forum, so I would appreciate if you would edit your reply into something more constructive.

14. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    Theres been way too many stupid posts of late..
    Theres a fine line between moderate humour and just plain annoying

15. tedmaced

I wood just like to say i do not mean to offend anyone with my sense of humour (just for the record ) i,m like it all the time and i was like it on this forum long before some members came on it. If you can,t have a joke every now and then i think it would be a boring life to be honest. I also post what i think are useful posts on here aswell. I have also learnt a lot too,having been in the trade over 40years i don,t admit to know everything and i,m still learning,regards Alan

16. tedmaced

Oh and by the way you say it is a professional forum,do you get paid for posting then? you must mean a forum for professionals and i have to say Matt has done a brilliant job.

17. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

You do make very informative and insightful comments Ted :mrgreen:
    But sometimes the jokes (dont strictly mean yours btw) outweigh the productive comments.. :cool:

18. bladerunner

bladerunner Well-Known Member

Ok then lets make a good wood thing then and start to create a better subject because there doesnt seem to be much said on the subject and we may start with you COOL-E-A,maybe then i will follow because i can be a bit lapse with my jolly ways,but nbelieve it or not i will give good contributions so lets take on it then shall we.

19. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Im locking this Thread now.

There have been a few members that feel that the jokes and banter on here are OTT. The whole forum in general, not just this thread I know you lot are having a laugh and dont mean to cause any offense to other users.

But after receiving a few complaints i have to step in. I shouldn't be receiving any complaints, let alone more than one!

Basically im asking you lot to calm the jokes down. From now on can we leave threads to run without the jokes. We have a joke section so lets fill that place up with some of your dodgy banter instead. This goes for all of us and me also.

As this thread is now locked, if you have something to add then PM me and if i believe your comment is valid i will add it into here. I dont want members arguing while im away from the computer to 'moderate' what is being said. I don't want people to fall out on here and i wont allow that to happen.

Thanks

Matt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.