Altro vs Polyflor

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by merit, Feb 22, 2013.

1. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Don't do that much of this stuff and always use Polysafe standard because its cheaper but recently been using walkway and find it a much better product to fit. Is all there stuff that much better?

2. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

personally think they're very similar but i do like forbo's and tarkett's gear better

3. dazza

dazza Well-Known Member

i used to fit loads of polyflor for one company they switched to altro contrax and walkway and it is a better product,have to agree i love forbo very nice to fit

4. bournemouth

bournemouth Super Moderator

Altro and polyflor similar well there both sheet vinyl but that's where the similarity stops altro is a solid one colour throughout sheet polyflor is diff colour layers, altro is far better than polyflor for instance price wise altro walkway and poly standard around the same price which one would you recommend to customer to last longest and look best in 10 years time not polyflor, but imo poly hydro is better than altro marine and cheaper, polyflor is a very soft to cut sheet altro is hard and kills the blades, cheap altro is contrax and should be kept in the wrapper in factory absolute ****e, if you want 2 diff vinyls to compare it would have to be polysafe standard and tarasafe standard same price same quality same result if you can I would always talk a customer into altro exept for wet rooms changung rooms where I would choose hydro over marine