Amtico / Karndean / Polyfor Supply & Fit Middlesbrough/Newcastle area

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by bunn89, May 13, 2017.

1. bunn89

bunn89 New Member

Hi guys,
    After a bit of advice, and possibly some work for anyone within the area. I'm in need of around 50m2 of LVT to go into an open-plan hallway through to kitchen-diner / living room.

The best Karndean sample I've found is the Canberra Art Select, however open to alternatives, or if there's anything better value on the market. I've read on here a lot of people saying commercial products like Polyfor and also read the LG Hausy range being thrown around a lot.

Is there anywhere in the North East that do a full supply / install service of the more commercial flooring that'll be more hard-wearing in a domestic environment. Is there any fitters in the North East that are up for a job. It's a mix of old concrete and a fresh concrete slab which was poured around 6 weeks ago.

Cheers ;)

2. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

LG housey gets thrown in the skip alot
    It's horrendous worst lvt on the market
    The karndean you've been looking at is really nice looks great down I do alot of it.

3. bunn89

bunn89 New Member

Haha! It must of been elsewhere I'd read the LG stuff was decent, I'm guessing you really aren't a fan. I better take that one of the list of products to view then. Even if its going into a domestic environment, whats the best bulletproof stuff to put down to handle 2 clumsy dogs and a wife?

4. Spacey

Nothing is bullet proof
    I aways say go for what you like Have a good entrance matt to take grit from your shoes and felt pads on furniture legs to help prevent scuffing and stay away from white colours. Like anything if you look after it it will look after you.

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I've found Karndean art select scratches very easily. Try looking at distinctive, much better product imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Especially the dark planks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Spacey

They Mflor woodplanks are very nice

8. Spacey

Where's the edit button gone ?

9. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Mflor/distinctive flooring is very robust, as spacey says nothing is bulletproof tho.

10. bunn89

bunn89 New Member

I'm going to take a trip to the local distinctive flooring stockist and check it out see how it compares £ to £ against Karndean etc.

Who knew how much of a range there is available when you start digging further than just a local karndean shop!