Amtico spacia flooring with underfloor heating

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by Joni87, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Joni87

Joni87 New Member

Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a new build that has underfloor heating in the whole ground floor with Amtico spacia (as default).

I am working through the snag list and I am trying to find out if it has been laid out properly but I haven’t been able to find an answer through my searches.

I was told that it’s normal to have a gap between the Amtico boards and no grouting in between, is that really normal ? If it is, what’s considered normal a gap?

Also, I read that grouting is used in the amtico floor but is that the same when it has ufh below ?

Thank you in advance!

Merry Xmas!

Attached Files:

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

That’s shrunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

There should be no gaps
    I'd make a guess at wrong adhesive used or late placement in adhesive or the UFH has been cracked up to quickly

4. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

My guess is no acclimatising and tiles brought straight out the freezing cold site container that morning laid on wrong adhesive by the plumber and his mate the labourer!

5. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

As above says :)

6. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

Possibly the fitters brought in their own heaters while they did the job, took them away with them when they'd finished, leaving the room to cool down again before the adhesive has set