Ardex K39 over Mapei Renovation Screed

Discussion in 'Subfloor Preparation' started by Tomhood, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Tomhood

Tomhood Member

I've got a big uneven kitchen/diner that I'm slowly getting ready for LVT, it's the most difficult I've done so far with regards to different levels/heights/substrates etc. Really old house, I've put a coat of Ardex DPM 1 C down, Ardex P4 Grit primer once dry then flooded it with Mapei Renovation Screed to bring it up to the height of another adjoining room that I've ply'd with 9mm flooring grade (overlapped onto existing concrete, plugged & screwed down at the edge).

I appreciate using systems from different manufacturers isn't ideal but had a full 10kg of Ardex DPM in the garage and used Renovation Screed for economy/depth. I know compression strengths can be an issue when layering levellers and I'm not expecting Ardex or Mapei to give me the go ahead but are there obvious problems with using K39 over Renovation Screed for the last coat or will LVT go down over renovation and safer to stick with the same product?

Awkward one I know but any advice much appreciated.

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

I'd stick with the same for the sake of the last coat. I'm starting one in a couple weeks that I'm using cement boards to build up and 6-8mm of Reno throughout. Electrical Ufh in some areas hence the Reno else it would have been either 300hd or CL

3. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Is the Renovation now to the level of the ply ? Do you not intend to do a full coat over everything ?

4. Tomhood

Tomhood Member

Renovation is now flush with ply, will be doing a full coat over everything

5. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

You need to stick with Renovation K39 isnt suitable over ply

6. Tomhood

Tomhood Member

That's that decided then! Thank you :)