Auto welder

Discussion in 'Tool Chat' started by Mjd, May 2, 2020.

1. Mjd

Mjd Member

Is anybody selling a 2nd hand auto welder?

also what are people’s opinions on the leister mini floor? Worth having or just spend the extra and get the auto welder?

2. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

Can`t comment on the mini floor, but I have an auto welder and its a fantastic bit of kit.
    Once you have the temp and speed set up for the product your using, they give a perfect weld.
    Have you got the groover already ?

3. Mjd

Mjd Member

Yeah I’ve got the groover it’s great! Welding with a Hot Jet S at the minute but want to invest in something better and get less cramp in my hand

4. Neilydun

Two of my lads use the Hot Jet S, they really like them. There also good for wall cladding.
    You can`t beat the combo of the groover and auto welder on big areas.
    If your buying new make sure you get the feed roller for the weld rod. Mine didnt come with one, and we ended up making one out of uni strut.
    The gearbox went on mine a while ago, and it was an expensive repair, but they are worth it.

5. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

Spacey, you still got yours?

6. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

No mate sold it as I dont do those floor types any more and plan never to again but
    When I did use it the mini floor drive unit I found it Brilliant especially for those stupid long welds I used to do every week Definitely worth it

7. Mjd

Mjd Member

Looks like I’ve sourced one, thanks anyway guys!

8. Mjd

Mjd Member

Ouch, how much was that to repair?

Managed to find one hopefully pick it up this week! Any tips for setting it up i.e airflow/temp for normal safety floor? (Mainly use polysafe standard)

9. Neilydun

Repair was about £600 as i remember.
    Normally, if its a new product, I phone the tech for the manufacturer. They can generally tell you a speed & temp, which will probably need slightly adjusting, but is a good guide.
    If it comes in a case, I write the product, temp & speed settings inside the case with a marker.