Back pain

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by Ander1976, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Ander1976

Ander1976 Member

hi all,
    I'm increasingly getting lower back pain and am really stiff/limited mobility. I'm only 40 so have a good few years of work left in me!

Do you guys do suffer and see anyone about it.....oesteopath or chiropracter etc? And if so do you only do it when you have pain or is it a thing you do regularly as a prevention measure too?

Thanks

2. DM Flooring

DM Flooring Well-Known Member

Im 46 and suffer with back pain regularly. Chiropractor really helped but was getting expensive and as we bought our first house after 12 yes of renting so money needed elsewhere. It was About £70 a week for 2 sessions which he said would go done to maybe twice a month once I'm sorted. It did help a lot though and now we are more settled I'll be going again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. DM Flooring

DM Flooring Well-Known Member

Also try to do some stretching both in the morning and evening. It helps as well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. lvtfooringbristol.co.uk

lvtfooringbristol.co.uk Active Member

Get up the gym in the morning before work. That will sort you out boy

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

5. Ander1976

Ander1976 Member

Thanks both.....will certainly do the stretching....and will pretend I'll go to the gym too!

6. Glenn H

Glenn H Well-Known Member

My back pain comes and goes, when it's bad I really know about it. A massive tip to help when lifting anything (apart from doing it the correct way) is to move raise your chin up an inch or so and look up. This came from a sports therapist explaining a lot of lower back pain comes from the snapping motion where the spine is not aligned properly. Doing that action helps prevent those niggling pains from happening. I try and make a point of this when lifting anything. It may not help, but if you suffer from back pains you tend to try anything that may help

7. Yankee Peddler

Yankee Peddler Member

Lay flat on the floor as relaxed as you can be and have someone see if one leg/foot seem longer than the other.
    If they say ya, one is. Have them grab the top of your foot and the other hand on your heel securely and pull with a quick tub/yank at first.
    Just do the short side.

Give it 10 minutes and see if you have way less lower back pain.

8. Yankee Peddler

Yankee Peddler Member

This is where I learned how to fix my back pain(sports therapist) and now my wife does it for me. She gives it a yank.

9. Yankee Peddler

Yankee Peddler Member

That is laying on your back.
    Ice packs are always good to take down inflammation.

10. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

Have you spelt that properly ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. alban

alban Well-Known Member