Be careful how you ........

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Phil_Cee, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Phil_Cee

Phil_Cee Well-Known Member

Fall :(

Had a few beers last week and tripped over , had my hands in my pockets and had the misfortune to land on my arm ... resulting in a dislocation of my elbow :eek::eek:

Hospital popped it back into lace sunday, orthopaedics appointment monday, popped it in a cast ... had surgery on it yesterday to reassemble muscles and tendons into place, popped on another cast till wednesday and then physio for upto 12 weeks!!!!!
    Consultant asked what did for a living and when i said floorlayer he said no lifting for at least 12weeks !!

Anyone else had the same misfortune on here, and how did it go recovery wise?

Worst thing is ... nice weather is here and Im unable ride my Lambretta :mad::mad::(:(o_Oo_O

2. Yiddo1982

Yiddo1982 Well-Known Member

My mates daughter got a new hoverboard a few years ago for Christmas so I thought I'd give it a go. Round the living room was fine but when they was leaving I thought I'd have a go outside. Was standing going back and forth then all of a sudden it went from under me. As I I was fallingbackwards I put my elbows down to break my fall and stop banging my head on floor but resulted in cracking my radial head. Other name is funny bone. It wasn't funny and hurt. Luckily didn't have a cast just arm in a sling for 2 months and off work for 3 while doing physio. I never done the exercises she showed me and now results in me unable to bend my left arm completely straight but fuck it i cut in with my right hand anyway

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Phil_Cee

We think we're indestructible don't we lol .... yeah I've heard the same from others, not able to straighten arm etc. and regards the physic I'm the same, try it for so long and ill take he easy option, but we'll see, I'm a lot older these days so should know better lol.

4. d'Arcy

d'Arcy Well-Known Member

Always do the physio exercises!! Cracked bits in the radial head last year - physio really helped.

5. Phil_Cee

Yeah will do, one of the reasons I slowed down the flooring side was so I wasn't fooked when I was older, so I will be doing the physio as instructed.

6. David293

David293 Member