Best brands of lvt for not shrinking

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by AJD Flooring, Jul 3, 2020.

1. AJD Flooring

AJD Flooring Member

I'm doing a big open plan kitchen dinner with 6 bifold doors in it. I know it's virtually impossible to avoid the lvt shrinking but I was just wondering what brands are the best. The customer likes camero boat house oak but I have heard it shrinks really bad in direct sunlight

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

I quote like the boathouse oak, been pretty popular lately with my customers. Makes a change from grey grey and greeyyyyyyyy.

As for shrinkage, just go in nice and wet :D
    I've been using TLC's wet set, not sure which one it actually is whether its ke66 or slightly different formula to the karndean HT but that all I use lately.
    Cover the windows especially if its bright and sunny and do a dry fit like spacey will tell you. I do 3-4 rows at a time. You will always get that odd tiny hairline gap appear.

I'd like to do that boathouse in a bevel edge, would look nice.

....but out of all the lvts I've used id say Van gogh and art select are the most straight forward for me

3. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

*quite like

4. AJD Flooring

AJD Flooring Member

Cheers for the advice

5. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

LVT doesn't shrink Its expands or contracts with temperature change

Its the adhesive and fitting method that's important

6. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I’ve not seen any problems with quickstep lvt. And VG is pretty good. You might want to cover yourself with a disclaimer as that lvt will be going over the temp it’s designed for and the colour can also change. Maybe consider sealing it with some sort of UV protective sealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. AJD Flooring

AJD Flooring Member

Ye that might be the way to go as they are pretty set on the camero

8. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Uzin Ke 66 seems to be the best thing to use in those areas. We have been using it for most of our LVTs. Looked at a polyflor expona we did a few months ago thats got sunlight coming in through the back door and it hasnt moved at all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Floorever

Floorever Well-Known Member

Agree with the guys. Usually have no issues when stuck with a wet set adhesive. I recommend ke66 or similar. Fit loads of polyflor and karndean. Paper up the windows before and leave for at least 24 hrs after you’ve finished

10. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Ke66 has a disclaimer now regarding direct sunlight which I’m sure has no bearing on their recently launched 68........if worried use a silane based adhesive, product will go nowhere on those

11. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Really, that’s interesting. Be interested to try out the silane adhesive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

D499 dan