Best kneepads on the market UK?

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by MrNice, Sep 15, 2019.

1. MrNice

MrNice Active Member

Hi all, I'm a floor fitter of 25 years, mainly lino, carpets, hardboard/ply and polyflor and I'm after a bit of advise about knee pads please, I've been using the strauss trousers with in build kneepad pockets and using the Redback knee pad inserts for years and Im no pain, they arent the best fitting and I do however make a lot of clicking noise from my knees going up and down stairs, I'm worried they are only going to get worse so I'm looking for damage limitation, could anyone please advise on the absolute best kneepads on the market? I've recently swapped my redback for a pair of "Kuny's" strap on ones rrom the local builders merchants that I've had on under the trousers but the straps really cut in/pinch when I'm fully kneeling down (worse over the trousers), any advise please guys? thanks.

2. MrNice

MrNice Active Member

I've been looking at these ones after reading the recommendations but what do you lot think?

TOUGHBUILT-TOU-KP-G3-GELFIT (not allowed to show links until I've posted 10 times)

3. burdman

burdman Well-Known Member

for me it’s the German red medical strap ons(used to be called Alpro I think something else now) tried them all over the years but these are best imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Alpro and fento knee pads are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. MrNice

MrNice Active Member

Thanks mate

6. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

7. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

Proknee are the best I have used. Shame I waited until my first knee op to find them

8. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Cant stand strap ons Snickers floorlayer d30 pads for me

9. doidgey

doidgey Well-Known Member

fento are brill and they don't cut in the back of your legs.
    Steve.

10. stan1191

stan1191 Well-Known Member

Picked up the Fento 200 pro today just to gripper with, got some crain blue strap on ones for fitting and work well. Always used the snicker 9118 bead pad things but sick of replacing them every few months,plus they stink after a while.

11. Glenn H

Glenn H Well-Known Member

Depends on flooring, I use Sweeney todd xl super soft for latexing and lvt, snickers bead for carpet, alpro medical for wood flooring.

12. Stephen Bennett

Stephen Bennett Member

I've got the alpro kneepads the red ones had them for about four years now , can't use them on carpet though but fantastic on hard floors

13. Hawthornmag

Hawthornmag Member

I was recently given some Fentos for Fathers Day, I think they're fantastic. I wish I'd had them years ago and I might not need new knees now. The took me a couple of days to get used to them but stick with them.