Bleach cleanable

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by Darren Robert OBrien, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Darren Robert OBrien

Darren Robert OBrien Well-Known Member

Hi all, lucky my new carpet is bleach cleanable.

plasterer got some stains on the carpet! What’s the best solution to use? How much part bleach and water?
    Very worried about putting bleach on a carpet! Any specific type of bleach needed?

2. stan1191

stan1191 Well-Known Member

I might be wrong on this, but i thought the idea of things being bleach cleanable meant you could hygienically remove bacteria, not that you could remove stains via the power of bleach

3. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

One part bleach to ten parts warm water in a spray
    bottle, spray it on then leave a few minutes the blot from the outside in, don’t rub or you’ll make it worse. The bleach really is to help remove the smell of tea/coffee/booze etc not the stain. If it’s a water based stain you should be able to remove it if it’s oil based you’re knackered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. harsha

harsha Member

Bleachi
    Bleaching is a risky thing to use. Because bleach can remove stains on a carpet and also can stain a carpet, it should only be used on white or near-white carpets. Bleach can destroy the color of any carpet by its wrong use. So be careful about it. If you want to do this you can prepare a mixture of 1/4 cup of bleach to 1 cup and a 1/4 of water in a spray bottle. Soak with the mixture, blot, rinse with little warm water, and repeat until the carpet stain removing. For better bleach, you can search in your local market.

5. Simon Grimley

Simon Grimley Well-Known Member

Please don’t try it that way you’ll ruin your carpet. Follow Tarkett85’s advice!