Bolon

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Peter A Lewis, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Peter A Lewis

Peter A Lewis Well-Known Member

Hi Guys
    I ws asked about this product today for a job, Bolon BKB Sisal plain, it's a 2m wide woven vinyl. Have any of you out there had experience with this product? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Cheers

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Eh? :confused:
    Sounds like a pizza id order abroad!

3. Peter A Lewis

It's strange looking flooring, looks like sisal carpet, but it's vinyl!! I haven't come across it before, I am sure some of you guys out there have.

4. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

I’ve done a little bit years ago It’s expensive and horrible to cut

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I’ve only priced for it a few times. You have to go direct and give them a project details. Next thing you know the jobs gone elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

We did a school in it, down in Brighton. It did take a bit of getting used to, but was ok to fit. Site conditions were good, nice and warm, so that will have helped.
    Have priced a few jobs in it since, but not won any.

7. Glenn H

Glenn H Well-Known Member

Woven vinyl, thin but strong, don't let amateurs anywhere near this. I've installed this a few times, bolon tiles for "hot yoga" rooms in gyms etc.

8. Peter A Lewis

Thanks for the feedback guys. I don't think I will be trying too hard to win this one!!

9. Otis

Otis Member

I recently installed a bunch of Bolon here in the USA. I found it nice to work with. Went into dry adhesive...double cut seams, which were so invisible it made it a challenge to apply the sealer.

10. Glenn H

Glenn H Well-Known Member

Just price accordingly, it's a good product to get in with