Bubbles in new vinyl flooring.

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Teds, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Teds

Teds New Member

Had new vinyl flooring fitted in Jan this year. Fitters been back three times to try and resolve. Manager of company says it’s the floor underneath, this I can’t accept as there was vinyl down for 7 years before with no issues. Another fitter I know says the vinyl should have been either glued or taped at the edges, though the company who did the fitting says this is incorrect. advice please.

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

What size is the area?
    Where is rhe area? Kitchen?

Is it cushion floor or commercial vinyl?

3. Teds

Teds New Member

Flooring goes from dining room into kitchen, so two rooms really, one being roughly 8’x12’ the other 11’x9’. I believe the vinyl is a Rhino-type vinyl purchased from a local flooring company who use their own fitters.

4. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Ok and you say it wasn't fully adhered?

5. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

I looked at the same problem with a job last night, toilet at a nursery about 11ftx9ft, the company has been out twice and stuck it with spray adhesive, they told the customer if it bubbled again then it was the subfloor that was the problem, i told her i would lift it and use a proper adhesive when I go to do the job i was actually there to quote for. The fact that i was there quoting for other work, just shows you how much the stupidity of the other company cost them

6. J d clarkson flooring

J d clarkson flooring Well-Known Member

Ideally I fully stick cushion vinyls but only if the customer is willing to pay for the correct floor prep….. 90% of the time they don’t won’t to go to the expense of screeding of plying the floor so end up going with the cheaper quote of loose lay or tape edges or spray.
    How was the old vinyl stuck down and have you had any prep work done or advised that any was needed

7. fixitcarpet

fixitcarpet Member

Bubbles can appear in your vinyl flooring when moisture or moist air rises from below. This moist air becomes trapped between the flooring base and the vinyl and creates a bubble or warp in the vinyl floor surface. Bubbles can appear following a water-soaked event.