Business foundation

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by Boo, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Boo

Boo Member

Our business is basically a one man band and I recently joint to help my partner with the office side of work, responding to customers, sending quotes and ordering stuff but other than that I am really interested how to make a solid foundation for a ltd flooring company, what aspects of office work should I be doing ( at the minute I am just wasting my time reading about ideas cuz it is all confusing). We pay for our accountant and bookkeeper as I cant do that myself, but can somebody just list the things that is essential to run a flooring company? I mean is there a basic routine people follows, how do you guys know about all the legal sides of work ect. Thinking of health and safety, policy, accreditation, risk assessments and other stuff I am probably not aware of. Can you get some formal training for this? Just thinking of all the bigger flooring companies which has lots os different department, like contracting, finance, negotiator..what do they do on a day to day basis? That should be my job to take our company forward but I feel lost at the minute :) xd Thanks for the replies.

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

My manager just picked things up as she went along. Doing great for us now. do you use a software package.

3. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

You could have a look at organisations such as cfa and fsb

4. roxanabakers654

roxanabakers654 Member

what??