Busy busy

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by dazlight, Dec 3, 2020.

1. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Who else is busy. I can’t keep up and sick to death of moaning customers. This is the problem with domestics.

2. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, was actually glad of the lockdown, worst thing is when something doesn't go to plan and you need more time and there just isn't any, already booked solid, 7 days a week and booking in March, got Christmas day and boxing day off,so at least I'll get a break

3. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Exactly same Daz, its been the busiest for me in years. Work just keep coming, phone is getting a bashing and struggling to keep up with paperwork/quotes whilst still on my knees.

As for customers, well mine havnt been to bad apart from a handful who think I'm in control of the supplier/deliveries and I actually make the carpet.

January has filled up aswell as first couple weeks in Feb - been like that since mid November. Its hard turning away the work but just can't keep up but yes its definitely the domestic side that has gone mental.

4. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

It’s busier than it should be because you can’t get stock when you need it which means you can’t fit it when you have space....creating a backlog which adds to the madness of the Xmas rush.....I’ll be honest though I’ve loved it, wasn’t looking great in May.

5. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

Glad to say its the same for us also.
    We have 2 gym sites on the go, a 12 month new build site and have orders for a further 3 new gyms all starting first quarter 2021.
    I have to admit I was shitting it a bit. More so for the boys, but its looking ok.
    Brexit will be the next disaster, once whats on the shelf and stacked up runs out.

6. Simon Grimley

Simon Grimley Well-Known Member

Not that busy right now but given my position I can’t complain about the level of work. More would be nice though right now and next year I want to up capacity further.

7. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I’m stacked. No sign of it slowing down. If anything people have been held back due to stock and covid and I think it could be really busy well into the new year.
    I hear you tho Daz. Matty drove 1.5 hours to pick up a carpet ready for Monday only for the customer to txt me and say the builder isn’t ready until Thursday now. I could of had it delivered on Tuesday and I went to site last week told them it doesn’t look ready and the builder and customer both assured me it would be ready for Monday
    Nice one bob the bellend builder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Neilydun

Standard !

9. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

I have no skin left on my hands :eek:

10. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

You need to switch to 'soft' grip screwdrivers spacey :D

11. Neilydun

The lads have just done over 100 coved up bathrooms in safety.
    Honestly, there nails and finger tips were battered. Covered in plasters by the end of the first week

12. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Lol thats horrible

13. Neilydun

They hate me !

14. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

couple set of stairs will cheer them up then..:oops:

15. Neilydun

Depends if fish & chips is involved ?

16. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

17. Neilydun

F61 please.....
    I will call you back !

18. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

What a week. One of the hardest I’ve had in years. Done in. Can’t even have a drink tonight. In shop tomorrow then on the ale from 3 till I fall asleep.

19. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I know how you feel mate. Matty off Monday and Tuesday. Loads of work this week to squeeze in. Elbows gone, shoulders gone, just a runner today and I’m done...until Monday

20. Neilydun

Same as, mental week then Thursday had an arctic delivery 40' trailer with 40ton of acoustic to go up a double flight if stairs.
    Took 3 of us 2 days to just load out.