Cap + Cove course April 2012

Discussion in 'Flooring Courses' started by Matt, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hi,

we have a cap + cove course coming up. Its a 3 day course if you have not attended a previous FloorSkills course in the last 6 months. If you have attended a previous course then you only need to come on the 2 day.

3 day (for people who have not attended floorskills in last 6 months) 24-26 April 2012 is £500 less 10% discoungt for forum members = £450
    2 Day (only for people who have attended previous FloorSkills course and dont want to cover a repeat of subfloor prep on 1st day) 25-26th April is £295 after 10% discount )
    Certificates will be issued along with listing on the new directory

Day 1
    • Health + Safety
    • Reading Moisture in concrete and wooden subfloors
    • Choosing the correct product to prepare the subfloor (timber + solid subfloors)
    • ‘Hands on’ applying surface DPM
    • ‘Hands on’ applying primers

Lunch break (supplied by FloorSkills)

• ‘Hands on’ applying smoothing compounds to solid subfloors
    • ‘Hands on’ Templating skills
    • ‘Hands on’ installing plywood
    • ‘Hands on’ applying compounds to timber subfloors

Day 2

• Types of and correct installation techniques of capping strips and cove former.
    • Resilient flooring types explained
    • 'Hands on' installation of capping strips and cove former.
    • ‘Hands on’ Templating sheet vinyl flat lay and coved.

• Adhesive types for resilient flooring.
    • ‘Hands on’ Installing of sheet vinyl into site formed cove and capping. To include full wet room (floor to ceiling)

Day 3

• Sheet vinyl welding demo to include cutting joins and preparing welds
    • ‘Hands on’ cutting joins, preparing for welds
    • ‘Hands on’ Welding different materials

• Picture framing (coved in opposing colour).
    • Installing a shower trays dressed into floor drain.
    • ‘Hands on’ Picture framing and dressing into a floor drain.
    • Question + Answers

2. nabflooring

nabflooring Active Member

Im up the the 2 day course

3. Matt

Have you been on a previous FloorSkills course mate?

My memory is useless with names!

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Gutted I can't do those dates, defo the next 1

5. nabflooring

I have been on one of your BWFA sand seal courses in the last 6 months and have been on Ardex factory days in the past as they are 2 miles away from me, but havent been on any floorskills courses yet would prefer 2 day but if you think 3 days is best? then so be it. I am Neil from North Essex came there with Liam and I recently spoke about an inspection in North Essex which I will not need now because as soon as we told the installers (builders from insurance company) that we where getting you guys in they s**t their pants and put their hands up to poor fitting :lol:

6. Matt

Hi mate,

I would advice the 3 day as ardex wont cover some a lot of the stuff we will cover.

But if you want just the 2 day course that is fine. Just note that we wont be able to answer questions etc on subfloor prep if was covered the previous day as it wont be fair on the chaps that will be doing subfloor prep the day before. We had a chap last week that missed the subfloor prep day and he didnt understand half of what followed. Tried to help him out but we ended up delaying the rest of the group which is not fair on them.

Providing your happy with the above then you can come on a 2 day no problem.

Let me know, will it be just yourself coming also?

7. Matt

Attending -

1- none forum member (3 day)
    2- nabflooring (2 day )
    3-
    4-
    5-
    6-

8. nabflooring

Hi mate,

Yes I would like just 2 days on this one as I have done a lot of research over the years with Ardex and F Ball technical departments and have had some experience with cap and cove, trouble is I was shown cap and cove by some bodgers so want to learn the correct way, and tbh can only fund 2 days at the moment :( , and that will be just myself attending.

9. Matt

Anyone else for this course?

I keep getting asked for this type of course but you all seem to of diapered.