Card reader

Discussion in 'Tool Chat' started by Haterz, May 8, 2019.

1. Haterz

Haterz Well-Known Member

Guess it counts as a tool.
    Anybody using one?

Had a lot of customers ask to pay by card recently, majority of them young tenants who’ve never heard of a cheque book and never remember to get cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

I use Sum Up for card payments. No monthly fee, just under 2% charge which I make aware with the customer.

3. Haterz

Haterz Well-Known Member

Why do you tell the customer are they getting charged an extra 2% or do you?

4. Rugmunching

I give them the quote and tell them if they want to pay by card then they will pay an extra 2%

5. Haterz

Haterz Well-Known Member

Cheers rug I’m a bit slow sometimes

6. Sivsaints

Sivsaints Active Member

Same I use sum up but very rarely. It Works well but not as good as customer pinging payment straight into account online which costs them nothing.

7. Rugmunching

Ha ain't we all!!

8. Rugmunching

It's mainly the big spenders battering their credit cards I get my little device out for :D

Priced a job up near 4k and the customer was all over it until they asked to see some pictures of the chosen flooring that I'd done before (opus) so there I was flicking through my pics trying to find it and a parquet job I'd done caught their attention so wanted that instead...

Requoted but well above their budget and that was when they asked if I accepted credit cards....and that was when I got myself a 'sum up' ordered that night lol

They stacked the whole job on their credit card and the husband ended up buying himself a seat leon with their cash ha!

9. Sivsaints

Sivsaints Active Member

Yeah, Last time I used mine was a customer wanting to put the job on tick so they could have the carpets done after over spending on there loft conversion