Carpet for bedroom

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by tpettle, Jun 6, 2022.

1. tpettle

tpettle New Member

I'm looking for a new carpet for a bedroom and would appreciate some advice.

I've heard its recommended to avoid big chains and to find a local company instead.

I've found a local company The Carpet Stop. I was thinking of getting a carpet such as Cormar Sensations, but I read the threads on this forum about Cormar carpets that put me off such as mention about the carpets flattening after 1-2 years, delmating, etc..

Are there any other carpets sold by The Carpet Stop that people would recommend? Such as are the Himalya Saxony carpets good. How do these compare to Cormar?

Thanks for any advice.

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

What area do you live in ?

3. tpettle

tpettle New Member

I live in Nottingham.

4. stan1191

stan1191 Well-Known Member

Cormar finally seem to have sorted their backing out just recently, all thicker soft pile carpets will flatten regardless of manufacturer. Ok for bedrooms but i wouldnt use it on a stairs and landing especially high traffic ones.

5. fixitcarpet

fixitcarpet Member

Carpet for bedroom, a beautiful plush carpet with different colors and patterns. A carpet that is perfect for a bedroom or living room. This plush carpet is perfect for a bedroom or living room. The carpet is made of high-quality materials that will last a long time. Every bedroom needs a good carpet to make it feel like home. The softness of the carpet and the warmth it provides in your bedroom will make you want to stay in bed all day. This is why a new carpet is an important purchase.

6. AngryAndy

AngryAndy Well-Known Member

Or shop locally at you high street retailers

7. It is generally recommended to avoid big chains and to find a local company for carpet purchases, as local companies often have more expertise and personalized service. The Carpet Stop is a local company, so that is a good start.

Regarding the Cormar Sensations carpet, it's true that some customers have reported issues such as flattening and delamination after a few years of use. However, it's important to note that these are only a small percentage of customers and that these issues can happen with any type of carpet, not just Cormar.

As for other options, you can ask The Carpet Stop for recommendations on other types of carpets they carry. The Himalaya Saxony carpets are a good option and are known for their softness and durability. In terms of comparison with Cormar, it depends on the specific carpet, each one has different quality and features, it's always good to compare the specifications and look for reviews.

It's also a good idea to consider your own needs and preferences when it comes to carpets. For example, if you have pets or children, you may want to look for carpets that are durable and easy to clean. if you have allergies you may want to look for carpets that are hypoallergenic.

Ultimately, it's always a good idea to do your own research and compare different options before making a final decision. It's also important to remember that the warranty of the product is also a key factor, ask the seller about the warranty of the carpets you are considering.

8. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Cormar is terrible. It’s backing is so cheap I often wonder if they get paid to use it