Cavalio - Has anyone fitted this range? How was it, should I avoid it?

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Number16Reno, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Number16Reno

Number16Reno New Member

Hi all. Has anyone used Cavalio. It doesn't appear on many searches on the internet. A site called Megaflooring has it available but I can't seem to find any reviews about it. If I go on to Polyflor's website they don't list Cavalio as one of their products. Any comments / advice / info much appreciated before I make the purchase. Thank you.

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

It’s made by Polyflor. Not bad gear

3. Ben Freeman

Ben Freeman New Member

Only ever used it a couple of times but didn't have any problems, seems decent for the money

4. Floorever

Floorever Well-Known Member

Can’t complain for the money. Fitted plenty of it over the last 5-10 years

5. Number16Reno

Number16Reno New Member

Thank you, that's reassuring. We just need to be able to get hold of some SP101 or FG1 plywood and lwe will go with the Cavalio. Just one more question, this flooring tile is to be used in front of bi-fold doors that will obviously let in the sun - do you envisage any problems with this? Great forum btw; very informative and entertaining at times. !! Thanks.

6. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Yes. You will have problems. If the tile is white or light it will turn green. It will also shrink if it’s south or west facing. North facing may be ok and may not shrink with the right adhesive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Number16Reno

Number16Reno New Member

Ok thanks for additional info. That doesn't sound very good tbh. I assume the shrinkage will happen will all LVT's - or is just the Cavalio? Also, what adhesive could we use to try and mitigate the shrinkage in the areas exposed to the sun please?