Choice of LVT

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by cornflake, Nov 11, 2014.

1. cornflake

cornflake Member

Hi. Now we have found a fitter we are happy with, we are trying to choose between three LVTs for all our downstairs - would appreciate any insights on these please.

Karndean Van Gogh, like this tile a lot - have read some very good reviews, only reservation is a few reviews I've read about it dulling/scuffing easily (though they might relate to the cheaper tile in the range).

Carmaro came in around £700 cheaper for the same area (all downstairs), a friend had this fitted recently and is extremely pleased, says its hard wearing and durable.

Moduleo looks great, but don't know anyone who has this or seen many reviews.

Incidentally, we loved the look and feel (and 25 year warranty!) of the Vusta tile, but it didn't have the wood shade we were after.

Any insights appreciated. Many thanks

2. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

Personally dont like karndean moduleo are in my experience an utter nightmare to attempt to deal with and never had a problem with camaro or anything polyflor for that matter, your not looking at like for like products though as the van gogh and more than likely the moduleo are higher spec lvt than the camaro hence the higher price, personally id go camaro out of the choices given.

Have you looked at the distinctive ranges? adam will be along soon to give the sales pitch :)

3. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Van Gogh is defo the better one there & looks great

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

You should look at distinctive, much better than Karndean

5. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Well forgetting brand names etc, italian label from distinctive as a plank vs plank against Van Gogh is simply better with registered embossed surface technology, beveled edges and a 20yr domestic guarantee for similar costs to Van Gogh. I'd agree with pf that camaro is an inferior product to vg.
    Don't be fooled by a brand name, look at the quality of what the plank offers to your home rather than what a brand name would.

6. cornflake

cornflake Member

Hi

Distinctive looks a great product + lots of good reviews although our nearest supplier is over 20 miles away. Out of interest how does cost of distinctive compare to Karndean / Camaro?

7. Distinctive Adam

Depends on which quality you go for, like I said I'd expect italian label to be similar to vg, our autograph would be similar to camaro. Where you based cornflake?

8. cornflake

cornflake Member

Thanks Distinctive Adam - good advice. I'm after a natural medium oak colour the nearest of which is in the Moods range (sensuality) rather than the Italian range, may take a look at a local store if I can.

9. Distinctive Adam

Take a look at florence in italian, it's a lovely colour and has a fantastic realistic feel. If you need sampling you can order upto 4 on our website www.distinctiveflooring.co.uk it's due for a huge update very soon, so apologies for how old it will look.

10. austenwells

austenwells Active Member

Have you heard of Luvanto?? - they used to work with Vusta then split, however they`re colour range has improved a lot!! has the same 25 yr warranty and specifcation.

What shade of Wood are you looking at??

11. Distinctive Adam

Vusta is the proper name, lavanto is the wholesale q&a name.

12. Robroy

Robroy Well-Known Member

Adam
    I have a distinctive account , but there a serious lack of tiled ( ceramic style ) samples , and has the stripping been sorted ?

13. austenwells

Adam,i`m a rep at QA, we have completely split from vusta, however the actual flooring is manufactured in the same factory! hence the same spec.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Distinctive Adam

More tiles are on their way and stripping is being improved yes.

15. Distinctive Adam

And same price? So are the options different between vusta and lavanto ? They look the same mate, I heard q&a were trying to force out the vusta name, is that true?

16. austenwells

Not sure on the price. Yes Luvanto have a load more colours. We also do a 'Luvanto Click Range'. No, however we do now view them as competition, just like distinctive. :) If there was no competition i would be out of a job!!!

17. Robroy

Robroy Well-Known Member

Is the range being revamped ?
    and whens that happening

18. Distinctive Adam

Different market mate, we sell top end more than the competitive end :stupid
    No issues with vusta or lavanto, good ranges IMO

19. Distinctive Adam

Best chat with your rep mate, next yr could be huge.

20. Bruce

Bruce New Member

Luvanto is a QA Product. Not a fan of their customer service