Click system

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Darren Robert OBrien, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Darren Robert OBrien

Darren Robert OBrien Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I have decided on a click system as saves me money on subfloor prep and fitting; as this is going back on the short term rental market and a small area which will mostly be covered by furniture.

I know people on here hate the click LVT systems but what would be a half decent LVT with built in underlay?

Quickstep or camaro??

Will i need to put any other underlay down or will the LVT come with underlay?

Subfloor is fairly level

2. d'Arcy

d'Arcy Well-Known Member

You have to buy their own separate underlay with the Camaro Loc to get a warranty.

I think if something doesn't have it's own underlay built in, it's a tad outdated.

Ones we've found OK (as much like everyone else, I'm not a fan) are the Distinctive Wildwood rigid core, and the Korlok/Van Gogh Rigid from Karndean.

A shout out for COREtec too. Nice stuff.

3. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Zeezoo

4. oddbod_jnr

oddbod_jnr Well-Known Member

sorry to burst you bubble but the subfloor will need prepping just the same as a glue down lvt otherwise the joints will fail etc.
    dont even think of using the camaro lock as you will get nothing but trouble.
    just do the correct prep work an use a gluedown lvt. its even cheaper.