Complaints

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by Paul webb, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

After receiving a complaint yesterday, about holes appearing on stair carpet, it got me thinking, is the amount of extra use domestic flooring has been getting over the last 18months, something manufacturers allow for, when they give these stupidly long wear warranties on lower end carpet, or can we expect to see a lot more wear complaints in the near future. Also, if you have a house full of people working from home, would that make it a commercial property?
    The complainant i had was on a £15-99 carpet, somebody must constantly kick the riser as they go up the stairs, but it has been down over 5years

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I’ve had complaint on cormar after 6 months! Defo lock down traffic and they are always at home so notice it more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

I’d feel embarrassed complaining about a £15.99 sqm carpet after 5 years

4. Paul webb

Unfortunately, as soon as I saw the address, i knew who it was, even after 5years, let's just say,she was one of our more difficult customers,she's probably thinking she could do this every 5years and never have to pay for a carpet again

5. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

There seems to be a lot of difficult customers about at the moment

6. Paul webb

I was starting to think it was me, people just seem to turn quite aggressive over nothing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Mate they soon show their true colours.
    I've had one recently for a regular customer who has decided to give her daughter all her 3yr old carpets and asked for me of I would fit them in her daughters new house but I politely refused. 2 of the bedroom carpets have holes I'm them from the existing floor vents and she wants me to patch them the best I can plus add a join in because one isn't big enough for one of the rooms - just a pure ball ache I don't need.

Well she's turned into a right witch telling me I shouldn't refuse work just like that and she is now considering finding a replacement for me :D crack on love and do me the favour please!

8. d'Arcy

d'Arcy Well-Known Member

We've been having some beauts recently... 99% about supply only jobs and the "faults" being those of their own fitters (usually builders) as they're all too impatient to wait for someone who is good, as opposed to someone who doesn't have any bookings in this current "year long run up to Christmas" we're seemingly on...

9. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Hate those jobs. More expensive than buying new carpet by the time you finished fart arsing around with it all. Driving it about, patching it in. Find some one on my builder that’s got no work and is half pissed, they like that work.
    I had one a few years ago wanted me to fit a felt back. I was Too expensive. So then he calls me back and asked me if I could seam it together for him as he’s fitted the room but it’s got a join down the middle. I said no thanks as it sounds like a disaster. Then the cheeky git asked if he could borrow my seaming iron to do it himself. Wtf is going on. Must of been a looney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk