contact adhesive spray

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by RMG, Jun 27, 2018.

1. RMG

RMG Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of spray contact adhesive and would you consider using it for wetroom upstands?

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

I've used it when my grabfast has ran out but very rarely. I tend to get carried away and over do it with the spray though

3. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

I think it’s brilliant and Yes I have

4. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

I have and don`t rate it at all. Maybe for domestic, but commercial showers 24/7 no good.

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Does it not dry up and fail like most other types of spray adhesive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Neilydun

It went mushy when we used it. Tried it a few times, but always failed.

7. RMG

RMG Well-Known Member

are those grabfast spray systems stronger? i thought they were exactly the same. I've fitted alot with spray cans and not had any problems with them but i also use loads of the stuff not just a quick squirt. I think it's actually better than f60 for capping strip in care homes because of the heat keeping the f60 soft.
    I think rewmars cap and cove the way to go for capping strip though just not really 100% satisfied with spray for the vinyl. f60 is messy and time consuming and gives me a headache. I guess it's f60 if you don't do them often and spray tanks if you do

8. Neilydun

Do you mitre your capping, or wrap it ?

9. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Contact spray is water soluble so everything has to be water tight
    And less is more
    New formulas are a lot better than they use to be but I don’t do C&C anymore tbo

10. Neilydun

The problem generally, in commercial environments is there may be a bank of 7/8 showers in male and 6/7 in the female.
    There will always be a leak behind one of the showers, at some point, during the 12 month defect period.
    This is then sucked up by the plasterboard, which then causes the vinyl to fail. I`ve found that spray adhesive, does not need to see a lot of moisture to fail

11. Samson

Samson Well-Known Member

Yes.