cormar?

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by Trent, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Trent

Trent New Member

Hi all... never imagined there would be a forum so specific to the question I want to ask, but here i am...

would the pros on here recommend cormar carpets? they've been recommended to me because there on sale but i know nothing about this area really. whats the quality like?

Peace,

Trent

2. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

truthfully they're very poor ask any of the lads about their magical delaminating backing, for decent carpets stick to westex, ryalux, brockway etc... £25 m2 plus

3. tarkett85

what kind of price did you want to pay and what are your sizes, we could help guide you if we know this?

4. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

personally i dont have issues with Corma carpets. We dont do a lot with them so maybe im lucky?

As for the quality, you need to look at pile weight etc. A low pile weight you are not getting as much for your money compared to a carpet with a higher pile weight. BUT you also need to look at what the construction of the pile is. A 100% British wool etc will be a much higher quality than some imports but may have equal weight ! Then you have wool v man made. Some man made carpets can out preform a wool carpet.

To be honest you really are at the mercy of finding a good honest retailer. Personally i would stick to a local long established carpet shop as they will tend to advice better than a big place where the sales person may be on commission.

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I don't mind Cormar, the backing can be a bit suspect. Don't like their naturals but some of the 80/20s are ok. Definatly the cheaper end of the market, that's why all the builders use them. Primo plus and ultra is my favourite man made carpet to be honest and I haven't had a bad backing on those for ages

6. tarkett85

never ever been happy with a carpet from cormar find them overpriced for the quality you get, the simple answer is anything under £25 m2 is a budget carpet although you can get some half decent man-mades for around the £20 m2 mark most important thing is a quality installer and a heavy underlay preferably rubber, and as Matt stated a well established local flooring retailer who will advise you correctly and not just hold out their hand for your hard earned pennies.

7. NathanKing

NathanKing Well-Known Member

Never had a problem with cormar, there not the best but definitely not the worst

Someone mentioned brokways as a good carpet and I couldn't disagree more, I think there crap.

8. Manny39

Manny39 Banned

You can put £1 yd cord down and always looks good fitted well.

9. Snugfit

Snugfit Well-Known Member

I am given a lotta Cormar to install and have had a few problems with delaminating. But they have always stood up and taken the responsibility and replaced any faulty product.

10. oddbod_jnr

oddbod_jnr Well-Known Member

thats not the point who pays for the refit ,if there selling a product and it develops a fault after fitting they should pay the fitter to replace it otherwise they will just keep sending it out.if i get a new clutch fitted in myvan and it goes tits up i would not expect to pay to have it fitted again.

11. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

a good few manufacturers do pay for the re-fit mate.

12. tedmaced

tedmaced Well-Known Member

I find cormar are good generally, i use Berwick and their 50-50 which name i can,t remember. I also know they don,t like dealing with complaints.

13. coolevilangel

hey ted, good to see you on here
    I fitted a bit of primo + the other day.
    For a bedroom cpt i thought it was brilliant, will be flogging it more now

14. tedmaced

tedmaced Well-Known Member

Thank you it,s nice to be back.

15. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I really like Berwick, the 40oz is better than a lot of 50oz carpets. Primo is great, can't beat it for the price

16. Snugfit

Snugfit Well-Known Member

Our rep is a super duper guy and I always get sorted with refit charges.

17. oddbod_jnr

oddbod_jnr Well-Known Member

rep for who,i cant get any refit charges from hedlam or similar?

18. coolevilangel

Their wholesale so you wouldn't, only get when u deal with the manufacturer direct account etc

19. bladerunner

bladerunner Well-Known Member

I worry about Headlam if they decide not to show at Harrogate next year there wont be a floorshow.

20. sidney

sidney Well-Known Member

Why would they not go? Did they not go this year?(obviously I didn't)