Cowboy fitting

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by Mwfloor, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Mwfloor

Mwfloor Well-Known Member

Been to a bodge job today to rip up and re do what some donkey has done, How’s this for a bit of fitting right in the middle of a 30m2 room!! Beyond belief, comedy gold though..

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Nice lol what is it that’s down ? Hard to tell from pic ? Looks like a click system ?

3. Mwfloor

LVT mate

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Hahahaha

5. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

It's hard to believe there are people out there, that think this sort of thing is acceptable work ,the really annoying thing is that most of the time they get paid for it

6. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Could that be a repair of something? Can’t see anyone putting a small piece in the middle like that.

7. Paul webb

Unfortunately, I've seen this done twice before, one of them was done by a fitter that used to fit lvt for me, emphasis on the used to fit

8. Mwfloor

I think it was.. bit it still begs the question why on earth would you think that is anyway acceptable?

9. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

I've come across this before in a dining room. Customer scratched the floor real bad but literally had pieces left, no full planks. The amtico was discontinued so now way of getting a spare box/plank whatsoever.

The damage was in the middle where the chairs were so I took out the damaged plank, cut the piece off that was damaged then took another plank full size out from out of view near their corner unit and used it to replace the middle one. Obviously had to use the small cut to repair the damaged plank and stuck it in the corner out of view.

Maybe this was the case here but they could have easily kept it out of view and maybe the fitter was a lazy *******

10. Paul webb

The other one I've seen, is where the fitter had started every row from both ends and joined them in the middle, i had gone there to uplift it and replace with laminate, was expecting the uplift to be a pain ,but the screed and adhesive had literally been scraped on, you could see the subfloor through most of it, all i had to do was pick the planks up ,the annoying thing was it had been down 12years without any problems

11. Mwfloor

Hear what your saying, I’d understand it if it was under a sofa and it was discontinued but this was fitted this year!! No excuses, the whole job was a mess, put it this way the customer asked the shop if she could have beading round to cover the gaps!! told her when we’d done their will be no gaps haha

12. Rugmunching

Definitely no excuses on this one!

Beading? :eek: that's bad...

13. Rugmunching

Anymore pics??

14. Mwfloor

Unfortunately not