CSCS card, which card

Discussion in 'NVQ/CSCS FLOORING ASSESSMENTS' started by Manny39, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Manny39

Manny39 Banned

Think I've dropped a bollock by booking my CSCS/H&S, been looking at which one to do. Been fitting 20years and never needed one or an NVQ. So I booked a general operative card instead of a Red card.
    Will I be able to fit on site with this normal card, or will I need the Red one ?
    I phoned some agency up that is doing some work in Notts and he wasn't bothered which card as long as it was a cscs.
    Too late to change as it is on Thursday. Cheers Dave

2. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

That will be fine mate. As long as you got a card, your good to go.
    I done an nvq 2, and they sent me a green card, instead of blue !

3. Manny39

Manny39 Banned

Thank god for that. Cheers......

4. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

yes you have booked the correct H+S test.

But be warned that the card you get is now only valid for 1 year and you cant renew without a NVQ.

A nvq will take a minimum of 6 months to get so you need to sort out this also.

let me know if you need help with getting a NVQ. Sadly the government don't care how long you have been installing or if your the best fitter in the world. NVQ is the only way at the moment of being qualified.

5. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

6 months REALLY.......

6. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

I did say minimum ! can take a lot longer depending on if a muppet at what ever college gets hold of file, along with the more stupid people and i think maybe they send the file to the zoo also so some monkeys can have a look at it.

Why cant someone just press a button ! I can only conclude that the button they have to press is a very scary button.

7. Manny39

Manny39 Banned

Once I start getting some regular work I will phone you. Cheers Matt.