Curved transition trim

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by ronbaldo, Sep 26, 2014.

1. ronbaldo

ronbaldo Well-Known Member

Can anyone suggest a trim carpet 2 laminate on a tight curve? Boss suggested a curve 2 customers and a workmate has tried the gradus cliptop which he says isnt working. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

You you get the right profile top it will work

3. tgflooring

tgflooring Active Member

Gradus does a flexi-trim which should work. I've found a little bit
    of heat on the top works well also. There's a few on the market that will do the job too.

4. ronbaldo

I suggested that 2 my workmate i havnt used one in couple years but remember using a heat gun 2 help but he says its an aluminium curved 1? I havnt seen it or even heard of them tbh.

5. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Never use a heat gun on one before ? Just a gentle tap with a white mallet !

6. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

Bare in mind if you use a heat gun it will shrink back as the heat will make it stretch as you clip it in, the bloke I learnt off did this and a few days later there were 5mm gaps at every join/edge

7. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Not heard of an aluminium flexible top plate, the base plate maybe but the tops are plastic. Maybe gradus make them to order but you would need to know the radius of the curve.

8. merit

merit Well-Known Member

They would have to make a template for the curve

9. ronbaldo

The bloke i learnt off did the same aswell. Havent used 1 in honestly about 3 years i think i last saw 1 being done. Thanks for your advice guys il speak 2 the boss on monday.

10. tgflooring

tgflooring Active Member

Yea, it does shrink. But if you allow the 5mm before cutting, like Gradus Elite nosing insert
    you should be ok.