Cutting down lvt for parquet advice

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Slasher, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Slasher

Slasher Member

Hi, was wondering what guillotine can be used to cut down lvt to parquet size tiles? I dont do much lvt and was wondering if the crain 12 would work? Customer likes a coulor ( and price) in the camaro range but wants the parqet effect i havent promised her anything yet is it even worth doing or possible? Its 40m2? Was just going to bang the price of the cutter on the job then I've got a new tool to play with

2. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

The 12inch will do it,what length are you cutting them to?

3. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

I'd say start with a smaller job
    If you've never cut up before 40m2 will have you demented Especially if you start to fit it and its slightly out.

Camaro comes in a parquet but if they dont do that specific colour ring polyflor and ask them to cut it for you.

4. Slasher

Slasher Member

I hadn't worked out the sizes yet was just sort of exploring the idea

5. Slasher

Slasher Member

Yea i dont want bite off more than I can chew and have nightmare cutting up 40m2 of lvt any idea on how much they charge for the cutting service?

6. Paul webb

Just did one in camaro this weekend ( wasn't planned, customer had changed their minds last minute, leaving no time to order pre cut without losing the fitting date),They are 4inch planks, so really only 12inch or 18inch will look ok,personally I think 18inch looks more in proportion with the width, but the customer wanted 12inch, it was about 30sqm, but just over 1000 cuts which wasn't too bad

7. burdman

burdman Well-Known Member

It aint cheap, can’t remember the price per m2 but I enquired a couple of years ago and didn’t end up doing it as it scared the customer off the idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Paul webb

Normally when i get these jobs, the customer has been looking at karndean parquet, but don't like the £70sqm price, so i can charge £10sqm for cutting and still at least £25sqm less than karndean, customer is happy and i earn a bit for my time, which i would have only wasted doing things like sleeping anyway lol

9. Slasher

Slasher Member

Sounds alot when you say 1000 cuts any photos? I've got the idea of buying a guillotine in my head now so will probably end up getting one just to have a play with

10. Spacey

Buy a 20inch dont bother with 12 there next to useless Very limited what you you can do Then have a practice and play about to get to grips with cutting different shapes It will be the best thing you ever buy

11. Paul webb

I've got another one in bevel line next week, which i should have been cutting instead, it's around 2500 cuts plus beveling, so it wasn't really that bad lol
    That's the problem when you do one, it always leads to more

12. Spacey

Stop opening your mouth then lol ;)