Decent twist carpet recommendations

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by Lou882001, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Lou882001

Lou882001 New Member

Hi, I’ve exhausted Google and baffled myself looking for a decent hardwearing modern twist carpet. We’ve made a really expensive mistake of replacing the previous occupants outdated but really good condition carpets in our home with lovely soft Saxony carpets in four rooms that within a matter of months are matted and flat and look 20 years old despite a no shoes rule and regular hoovering. I’d be exceptionally grateful for your recommendations for a twist (Google tells me this is soft but hardwearing) carpet or manufacturers that you’ve had good experiences with that will be long lasting and won’t flatten? It seems a minefield in the stores and online. Thanks so much!

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Victoria heartland

3. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

All carpets will flatten it’s a textile anyone who tells you different doesn’t know what they’re talking about, Westex ultima/major, brintons bell twist, ulster York Wilton, brockway dimensions are all decent twists just put them on a dense quality underlay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. crazydaze

crazydaze Active Member

Ulster York Wilton Twist. All round for the price and with the multi width felxibility I don't think it can be beaten. Performs at it's very best on a crumb/felt combo underlay like Ulster Axfelt65 provided the floor isn't to wonky/uneven.

5. Lou882001

Lou882001 New Member

Thanks all, really appreciate you all taking the time to reply. I’m off to Google

6. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

I fitted some of their grange wilton lastweek on a twisty staircase in a cottage, first time I've used it and found it a real nice material to work with