Do you hoover carpets when done fitting?

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by MrNice, Mar 27, 2023.

1. MrNice

MrNice Active Member

Hello, do you guys hoover the carpets after installation and if so how much do you charge please?

Currently we uplift and dispose of carpets for a small fee but we don't hoover, it's never been an issue for our customers but I was wondering if we should start doing it?

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

If I get on with the customer then I get my lad to give it a hoover whilst I pack away my bits. If they're ignorant then they don't get s*** :D

3. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Yeah every job we vac up and take all the off cuts away to dispose of. I add £10 per job for this

4. stan1191

stan1191 Well-Known Member

I hoover everything and dont charge, how can the customer see your work if its covered in fluff? I feel like its part of the job to hoover and shouldnt be added onto price, but then i also feel like i have a totally diferent mindset to most people in this world so who knows.

5. stan1191

stan1191 Well-Known Member

Also, if you get a henry with the spinning head it literally takes about 2 or 3 minutes a room to hoover.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Rugmunching

The spinning head attachment is a lot quicker. Makes a great turbo noise aswell

7. Simon Grimley

Simon Grimley Well-Known Member

Always vacuum at the end (including tops of skirtings and any fluff we might have left carrying the carpet in). Not only looks better but means I can spot the odd dodgy tuft and sort it.

8. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Yeah gotta hoover up. Can’t leave a mess. Unless it’s a horror job or a Friday afternoon. or my lovely customer offers to do it for us lol

9. merit

merit Well-Known Member

What’s this spinning head talk? Am I missing something

10. Rugmunching

YOURSPARES Universal Red Airo Turbo Brush Floor Tool for Numatic Henry, Hetty, Harry, Basil, James, George and Charles Vacuum Cleaners https://amzn.eu/d/97rwmdR

11. Rugmunching

Alot quicker and the turbo noise makes you go even faster :D

just make sure you keep it clear, every 3 or 4 hoovers I give it a clean from all the tangle

12. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Nice one. Will check it out ;)