do you want a forum/thread to promote yourselfs?

Discussion in 'Site Problems' started by Matt, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

hello everyone,

A quick suggestion for you all. Would you like a forum/thread where you can all put your details, contact numbers, even a link to your own website, and a C.V of who you are with details of what your skilled in?

We will keep the areas large like west midlands / east midlands etc. It should help the public be able to find a local fitter along with companys/other fitters find a installer to help them out.

What do you think?

2. big al

big al Well-Known Member

good idea mate

3. Matt

alan can you p.m me your details and i will build a profile for you.

Need-

area, ie west mids/ east mids etc
    What you do? carpet ? wood?
    Qualifictaions ? Nvq?
    associations? nicf? bwfa? etc?
    website?
    training? fball etc? are you approved for someones products?
    contact details/number?

I have not listed a forum for this yet as it could make you look (not you personally!) a poor fitter compared to someone who may have loads of certificates etc. However these are only bits of paper that dont prove that your a good fitter!

Maybe we should include refrences also? Maybe customers letters?

Again this only an idea to promote yourselfs, feedback on the above? O and i wont list a " do you have or not list" All the above is an option you can put next to your name.

Maybe draft one up and post here so we can discuss the best way of promoting yourself.

4. Rugrat

Rugrat Well-Known Member

This seems a good idea anything that promotes the industry and fitters in a better light.

5. tedmaced

tedmaced Well-Known Member

Hi Matt, as i said although i have been a fitter for the best part of 39 years i have no qualifications, and like you say it doesn,t mean i,m a bad fitter . What i could do is produce a satisfaction letter for my customers to sign,( but i wouldn,t know how to post this as i,m a beginner on computers. ) Most of my cutomers are recommendations or word of mouth so i,m sure they wouldn,t mind signing it. I will try and think of some ideas for threads A.S.A.P , kind regards Alan

6. Matt

yes this is the only problem i can see. but ye maybe we can use refrences etc.

Dont worry about how to get your info on the forum. I will do that for you.

7. Matt

can you all send me (p.m) your details if you want to be on the list. I will build it when i have a few peoples details rather than it looking a bit bare.

Thanks.