F.ball course

Discussion in 'Flooring Courses' started by dazlight, Mar 29, 2011.

1. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Hi guys,
    I'm off to f.ball course on the 6th April. Got a lot of questions to ask about dpm's.
    Anyway if you have any questions you want me to ask while I'm there put them here an I'll print them off to take them with me.

2. hippyfitter

hippyfitter Well-Known Member

I inquired about that date Daz It is full!!

3. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Unlucky mate, would of been nice to meet you. Maybe another time.
    I booked a while ago now though an they said there was places if I wanted to bring extra.

4. hippyfitter

hippyfitter Well-Known Member

I'm sure we will mate :smile: .Matt is always organising good courses

5. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

i have got a question mate

Why have they made the Flex screed crap! It used to be really good but i get multiple phone calls every week asking me whats happened to it!

(im not sure why people ring me tho and not FBALL direct? )

6. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Will do mate, made a list on my iPhone of questions. Will need more then a day lol

7. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Glad you said that Matt, 700 was my favourite, but now I can see it looks alot more flexible but no where near as easy to flow out. Lots of little bits to rub down

8. Matt

Remind me not to allow you on one of my courses :shock:

9. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Lol, got to get the most out of it.
    Not used the flex but the laybond wood smooth I used a while back didn't flow too good

10. Matt

That is exactly the complaint i have been having. People have to sand it.

I trust the people who have complained also. Some of the best installers in the u.k are phoneing me and saying that. They tell me that the screed goes down perfect, but the next day it is in a mess.

The problem is and i think this should be passed onto Balls, installers ring people like me because they are scared of ringing the manufactorier incase they void the warranty on there product asking questions and them logging who they are and what company they work for. I get multiple phone calls on this product every week as i used to recommened it so they ring me blamming me for it going tits up.

They dont tell Balls of the issues, they simply move to another supplier.

Im feed up of ringing balls on behalf of other people and not hearing nothing back.

11. Matt

Give mapie a try of uzins. You HAVE to keep these compounds deeper than 3mm .

12. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

[*]Will do mate, wish I'd been on that mapie course

13. scotflooring

scotflooring Well-Known Member

Found the same thing with 700 thought I was going mad!!!

14. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

i must be the odd one out then, ive had no probs with 700 so far.
    Spreads fine, spikey roller and its sorted!!! :smile:

15. Matt

I take it you are using the new stuff, orange in colour ?

16. Lambchop

Lambchop Well-Known Member

700! Boooh, rubbish.

17. Matt

which course mate?

I can squeeze you on a course 20-21st april mate. Its resilent and ceramic but we will run through prep products for you. Its FREE also.

18. Matt

Dave, do you mean teh orange one is crap also? the old stuff was o.k wasn't it?

What do you use now mate?

19. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

In my opinion 700 is awsome gear a couple of weeks ago I done a school near Euston station 100m2 on raised access flooring, taped up the panels primed with P131 neat and then poured 700 all over and screeded using my Itools stand up pin leveler trowel head. And Sunday morning it was like a slab of glass no cracks no blown bits lovely stuff. It is essential you put the exact ammount of water in this stuff to little and it won't flow to much and you may as well be pouring water on the floor it is an exact science no exceptions use a measuring jug to get it right.

20. Matt

I wonder if they are having quality issues with it between batches. I have heard off some people its spot on and then a few days later they ring me back and say its done something strange. I know these installers and they would of mixed it correct so dont make sence.

I never heard of one complaint on the old 700, but since its changed to a orange colour i get loads of people saying its gone crap and they are changing to Uzin , Mapie etc products.