Fav LVT

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Distinctive Adam, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Is there such a thing as a favourite LVT?

Would it be because of the branding, price, décor, quality etc?

Debate away Flooring forum.

I hear various why's and but's, if's etc everyday regarding LVT and just wondered what your thoughts are peeps?

2. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

as the saying goes same **** different bucket

3. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

4. Lvtman

Lvtman Well-Known Member

I only fit lvt. Everyday of the week. Nearly always karndean. Getting abit fed up of there stuff. See lots of poor product. Absolutely hate the feature strips at the moment. Seem to be so twisted. It's a nightmare when fitting on high temp. My faveorite is from the art select range. Hickory colours. Nice to fit and looks really good.

Sure it's all the same though tbh. What ever you fit there's gonna be problems with it. Guess it's just how you fix it.

On a side note I've to fit 8 packs of portobello limestone tomoro. Thinks it's colonia. It's white as anything and has no feature strip. Not looking forward to it. Why do people have tiles and no strip!!

5. bournemouth

bournemouth Super Moderator

Like Mflor but the design Strips are very poor and budget Quality and limited Choice
    Karndean is very hit and miss but has the best design stop and border choice
    camero not bad feels Quite thin and cheap when fitting but fine when -its down
    Amtico is again very hit and miss with Quality ( backing to big)
    VuSta is a nice plank to Lay Like Vangooh a nice big plank
    there pretty Much all the Same Some good some bad You know what ones will prob cause you Most Hassel so allow extra time on it

6. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

I did some black tiles with no strip.. looked pants... but then I don't have to live with it..

7. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

I fit mostly Karndean nearly every day only quarm is the strips but the design options are fantastic & folks love the brand name !
    I'm also fond of Polyflor LVT always good quality throughout the range & a very fitter friendly company to deal with who are always more than happy to help plus they give me free stuff lol

8. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

Mflor, vusta and project floors for me

9. Cre8tiveflooring

Cre8tiveflooring Well-Known Member

Mflor/distinctive and project are my preferred ones but fit a lot of karndean.

10. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Polyflor colonia for me....because thats what everyone wants after I tell them the price difference with karndean/amtico.

done fair bit of Moduleo lately to and surprisingly fitter friendly....so far.

karndean tomorrow, kitchen and conservatory.....with grout strip :(

11. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Karndean is our main account but have used Distinctive, Moduleo, Amtico, Vusta, Polflor etc. Where we are, the folk are very label orientated. We struggled to get decent volumes of the "others" outside of Karndean and Amtico. I'm very much of the opinion that customers should come to you because of your experience/knowledge/reputation but even with that in mind they still like the big brands.

12. SandyFloor

SandyFloor Well-Known Member

My favourite is the Karndean Art Select Hand Crafted. I reckon it's the most realistic and always gets the customer's wow factor when finished. I also happen to know it can take a couple of months of builders walking over it and then clean up well.

13. Spacey

At the end of the day you can sell & fit any LVT but its what a fitter can actually do with it that counts IMO !

We make the magic happen & impress with are design skill not a brand name it doesn't fit its self !

14. Distinctive Adam

its about the installer creating the magic not the picture you see on a stand or in a brochure, completely agree again with you spacey,,,,thats at least twice now ive agreed with you in a year !

15. Spacey

No your wrong that's 3 times ?

16. Distinctive Adam

yeah your right.....this is now 4 times !!

17. Spacey

No I was lying but now it is three :arse

18. floorcraft

floorcraft Well-Known Member

Distinctive, Project Floors and Moduleo.
    I think Moduleo are the only company to pay for labour if its the product it faulty.

19. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

For me on the woods
    distinctive, Karndean art select , luvanto ( vusta )

Tiles

Amtico, Karndean da Vinci , Project floors,

20. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Ha ha. That's good to know, they must have loads of faulty tiles. And they didn't pay for my labour on 2 jobs I had problems with.