Felt back durafit

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by Kenwoo, May 31, 2018.

1. Kenwoo

Kenwoo Member

Is this possible? A customer occasionally has someone that uses a wheelchair in the house. Just curious whether you can double stick felt back to rubber crumb. I tried to put them off felt back, but that’s the design they wanted.

Thanks.

2. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

It’s possible

3. Kenwoo

Kenwoo Member

Will it work or stand up to the wear?

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I can’t see a felt back lasting very long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Cheap never does

6. Glenn H

Glenn H Well-Known Member

It will creep and bubble with a wheelchair??? Explain the problems that could arise installing it such a manner and let the customer decide.

7. Kenwoo

Kenwoo Member

What would you recommend for such a job?
    Action back double stuck? Or just gel back straight to the floor?

8. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Straight to the floor or carpet tile

9. Glenn H

Glenn H Well-Known Member

Ask them if they wish to sacrifice comfort for practical use. Gel back direct to the floor. See jhs or Heckmondwike for options available

10. Kenwoo

Kenwoo Member

I told them there was no fitting guarantees or guarentees by the manufacturer, and they said they would take the risk.

11. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I’m fed up with twats saying they will take the risk. That’s like me asking a plasterer to plaster over my old wallpaper

12. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Same here.
    Had it on a 60m2 ply job last week where I'd quoted using fg1 but customer said they'll supply the ply because it was to expensive. Normally I'd have said see you later then judging by some of the shit ply about lately but they are regular customers with plenty of residences. I warned them about the difference with normal and the floor grade stuff and always have but its the first amtico on ply fit for them but they said they'll take the risk...I made it clear that if anything goes wrong then they'll be paying me extra to sort it.

Well I must have jinxed it because what happened? Yep 75% of it delaminated whist I was nailing it, had the biggest grin on my face when I said they're now paying me to rip it all up and supply & fit the fg1 from scratch.

He was on the phone to his brother when I was ripping it all up and he obviously didn't know he was on hands-free when he was asking if it had actually delaminated or was I just saying that to get a bigger job out of it so I shouted 'not this time unfortunately, you've done that for me :D

They basically call you a liar saying they'll take a risk because they don't believe you when you say this n that could happen.

13. merit

merit Well-Known Member

They are their own worst enemy. But they think they are being over charged or think they know best. I don’t tell my dentist how to fill my tooth. Muppets

14. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

LVT