Finding Vinyl suppliers in Somerset

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Plank, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Plank

Plank New Member

Hi all

This is my first post on this forum!

I need a new floor - new extension that is predominantly a kitchen with utility and small toilet.

I have been looking at LVT wood effect and I have drawn the following conclusions:

Amtico: Best there is but too pricy for me
    Karndean - good product, however you seem to pay for the name as it is the market leader. Also requires quite a convoluted install with striping and polishing which should be carried our annually to preserve warranty?
    Distinctive: - seems to be a good product but there isn't a huge amount of info on the web and there seems to be limited fitters/suppliers in Somerset - Distinctive Dave can you help? This is so far my flooring of choice as the wife is keen on the Roma tile.
    Forbo Allura - Found this in a local supplier. What info I can find seems positive
    Moduleo - What info I can find seems positive, There is a stockist about 10 miles away so I shall be paying a visit soon
    Polyfloor/Camaro - Good product but nothing that we like.

Are there any others that I should take a look at?

2. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like you've already made you mind up or the Boss has anyway :rolleyes:
    If you like Distinctive Roma definitely go for that Quality product and looks great down.
    Most important thing is to get it installed correctly by a qualified LVT fitter

3. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Just go with the van Gogh range from Karndean. Opus do some nice wood to.

Fitted quite abit of expona bevelline the past month and is growing on me.

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I would have to say Distinctive or Moduleo for price and quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Distinctive Roma a fabulous choice, there is a store locator on our website, have you tried that? I'm certain Andy o' Hara flooring is based Bournemouth way or 1st for floors are Dorset way? Loads on Bristol etc - we are a selective bunch when it comes to retail partners If you need any further info let me know.

6. Plank

Plank New Member

Had originally thought I'd go with karndeen and even had quotes for Van Gogh, but the more I've read the more I'm put off

Only one Distinctive supplier on your website for Somerset! There is a shop that supplies it locally that isn't on the Distictive site - planet flooring. Does anyone know of any others?

7. Plank

Plank New Member

PS thanks for the replies :)

8. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Nothing wrong with Vangogh mate

9. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Email [email protected] we can then search with the local rep for a suitable retailer within your reach,

10. Plank

Plank New Member

Thanks Adam

11. Rebecca Robinson

Rebecca Robinson Member

Hi how about Vinyl suppliers in London? Or in Gloucester?