first lvt

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by tone, Nov 2, 2013.

1. tone

tone Well-Known Member

DSC_0035.jpg

My first lvt kitchen units and new skirting to go in after

2. OwenHynes

OwenHynes Well-Known Member

Nice an easy for ur first one mate

3. tone

tone Well-Known Member

Yeah for my parents and they had gutted there kitchen.I wanted to wait until everything was in and put a border but they didn't want that.

4. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Good effort fella!

5. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice mate a bit easy but nice Lol

Is that Camaro ?

6. tone

tone Well-Known Member

Yeah it was a nice one to start with. Get a bit of practice with the materials. It was Lifestyle Emporium

7. Spacey

Amtico next then with 1mm wear layer ?

8. tone

tone Well-Known Member

Not just yet

9. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Looks good mate

10. G.W Flooring

G.W Flooring Well-Known Member

11. bournemouth

bournemouth Super Moderator

What is it with the " easy" comments does it matter if its a straight lay wood or a bespoke border with curves ****ing hell lads the bloke proud enough to post a pic of his first lvt job
    Nice work anyway look forward to seeing more in the future

12. welsh wood

welsh wood Well-Known Member

sweet bit of work that Tone, looks great & you can see that you've put the effort in... 1st or 101st always approach a job with the same attitude & take pride in what ya do, won't go far wrong mate... :cool:

13. tone

tone Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm pretty proud of it. The only experience i have Is 2 days at floor skills, before that I had not even seen it being fitted. That being said it was an easy start and I'm looking forward to progress to something a bit more interesting. :)

14. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Great work tone. Must of took some setting out. Not nice and easy for a first one. Well done.

15. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

Like Tone said he wanted to put a border and wait til the units were fitted but his parents chose not too. Still a great job though and nothing's never easy on your first attempt.

16. Spacey

Tell me about the first Karndean I ever done was island lime stone ? A fitter didn't turn up so I said I'd give it a go At least it was only 4 kitchens & 8 toilets Lol ?

17. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Well said mate.

I read the first comment saying easy and with me knowing that the only time 'tone' has touched LVT was at FloorSkills i think he has done very well. Looks better than a lot of fitters work i have seen including the odd pictures on here where the floorlayer claims he has been installing for years !

First time or 100th time, i dont actually think it is that easy a instal either. Pain in the arse and time consuming one against normal tile or plank.

Well Done 'Tone' im proud of you, especially considering only 2 days experience at FloorSkills has help produce this, makes me proud that mate.

18. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

my first tiling job was a little toilet in Amtico stardust or whatever they're called just straight lay 4 tiles wide 8 tiles long. All whites were in no border just skirting and the bloke who trained me was a great floorlayer gave me a straight blade knife a pair of dividers and sent me on my way. Obviously I was shouting into the next room every 30 seconds haha.

19. Spacey

I'd just like to point out when I said to easy I wasn't being serious LVT isn't easy full stop or everyone would be doing it ! Please take my comments with a pinch of salt

20. Spacey

Ha ha I was given the tiles a load of screed & all I had was a knife & my kneekicker ?