Fitting laminate flooring,

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by jamesfj78, Apr 19, 2021.

1. jamesfj78

jamesfj78 New Member

Hi i am about to laminate my liveing room but not sure where is the best place to start it is 20sq meters, it has a chimney breast any advice or tips would be very welcome

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Against the longest wall. Make sure you measure across the room to check where the boards land. Also make sure it runs straight with the hearth/fireplace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jamesfj78

jamesfj78 New Member

Thankyou yes i will start ftom the longest wall i have a chimmney brest but no fireplace or hearth to worry about im just not sure where i lay the first board is it the corner, or start from the chimney breast wall?

4. jamesfj78

jamesfj78 New Member

5. Simon Grimley

Simon Grimley Well-Known Member

This was nearly 2 years ago… I’m sure it’s done by now…

6. ronbaldo

ronbaldo Well-Known Member

He’s still wondering which corner to start in.

7. Parquet flooring

Parquet flooring New Member

Fitting laminate flooring is all about precision and preparation. Start by prepping the subfloor, ensuring it's clean and level. Measure twice and cut once to avoid errors. Use spacers to allow for expansion, creating a seamless finish. Remember, quality underlayment is key for soundproofing and moisture protection. Begin laying the planks from one corner, maintaining a staggered pattern for stability. Don't forget to leave room for transitions and doorways. Finally, use a tapping block and mallet for a snug fit. Take your time, follow instructions, and enjoy your beautifully installed laminate flooring