Full Home Seamless LVT Install - Room by Room

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Xachuous, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Xachuous

Xachuous New Member

I am installing click vinyl LVT (Cali Vinyl Pro) in my home starting in the Master Bedroom.

I'm wondering if it's possible to finish 1 room at a time with temporary throwaway transition pieces that can be removed to allow for extending the flooring into adjacent rooms at a later date.

Since my goal is to completely floor the home with this flooring with zero transition pieces (should be fine as my home is a 20x40 split level and this flooring is good for up to 80ft runs).

This is for my primary residence I'm DIY remodeling. I want to do 1 room at a time to keep myself sane.

My question is regarding "lengthwise" extensions of the flooring.

I want to finish the Master bedroom with temporary pieces that can be removed and replaced with full-length pieces later.

Is this possible?

MASTER BED MASTER BATH
    ====|====|==||<><><><>
    ====|====|==||<><><><>
    ====|====|==||<><><><>

LEGEND:
    === --> LVT
    | --> board join
    || --> transition
    <> --> tile

2. Xachuous

Xachuous New Member

The example is intentionally naive to simplify the discussion. I am definitely staggering the pieces. :)

3. Xachuous

Xachuous New Member

I think I have answered my own question, but would be interested to hear if you have any other thoughts. I could cut out the temporary pieces then trim off the locks of the new pieces as if I was replacing a damaged plank: https:// www. youtube .com /watch?v=PhNqgHCJFOs

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I hope you don’t have any windows or light in your house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Xachuous

Xachuous New Member

This reply isn't helpful or informative. :(

I'm aware direct sunlight can cause fading, so I will be covering areas exposed with rugs.

6. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Well it might be. You should really look into your Warranty and guarantees when installing LVT clic in your own home DIY. I’m sure the manufacturer will provide you with all the installation guidelines and running that size area through doorways is very different to running that size are in one large area. Your going to create weakness through the doorways

7. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Also check the backing on your rug is compatible with plastic floors. Some backings will discolour your floor

8. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

More about growing and shrinking in direct sunlight then The header locking system breaking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk