Hard Floor Layers required

Discussion in 'Job Centre' started by deby carter, Aug 25, 2015.

1. deby carter

deby carter Member

Experienced fitters required for domestic and commercial work around London and the South East

Must be competent at laying linoleum, safety flooring, smooth vinyl, luxury vinyl tiles, stair nosings and doing floor preparation at an excellent level.

Very important that you have experience in linoleum fitting as we do quite a lot of work using this product. We also do designs in this.

Must have own van & tools but no CSCS card required as we try not to do this type of contract.

References will be required.

Good rates of pay.

Based in Redhill and Caterham, Surrey.

Please contact Deby Carter on 01883 346576 or 07725 992274 or email: [email protected] with all of your details.

2. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

700m2 of Linoleum fitted in London on my own in a week is enough for me this month so I'll give it a miss...:confused:

3. deby carter

deby carter Member

I don't blame you. Bet your sick of it if you've had to install that much !! We do much smaller jobs. No where near 700m2. More domestic for linoleum in London. Dealing direct with customers, doing a fab job and being paid on time! Also do lots and lots of Altro in both domestic and commercial. f you are ever free, let me know. My brother is a skilled linoleum and safety floor fitter and we need more of these as they are very hard to come by these days.

4. dannyboy

dannyboy Well-Known Member

I'm in the Oxfordshire area if you ever get anything this way deby.

5. Spacey

Sorry Deby It's a bit far for me to travel for small domestic jobs
    Throw a few hundred metres at me and I'll consider any job anywhere if it's worth my while o_O

6. Spacey

Thought you'd be to busy with technical sh*t at Café Nero

7. deby carter

deby carter Member

Got 120m2 Polyflor SimpLay job in a Bank in London EC4N coming up in next couple of weeks for big client of mine. Is this too small? Do you know of any good fitters that may be interested. Just got a load of work at the moment and am only a small business looking to grow slowly by getting competent and knowledgeable fitters in. I have over 20 years experience and run the business and all of the jobs myself. I am also doing a major chain of restaurants in and around London which comprise of Alto Stronghold/Designer in their kitchens and other areas, coved or flat laid.

8. deby carter

deby carter Member

What's the furthest you will travel?

9. dannyboy

dannyboy Well-Known Member

Not so much the travel Deby.
    More the location.
    London is a nightmare, to much hassle !

10. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

Not if you're in the passenger seat... :rolleyes:

11. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

here here, stopped doing the london work completely about 3 months ago and also changed companies who I sub to, life is so much easier not doing the london sites, they are more hassle than the money pays.

12. Spacey

I'm getting a London work rate on top of the price for the jobs I'm doing
    its only 50p per m2 but it's a nice chunk on the jobs

13. Spacey

That's on top of travel/fuel and accommodation to

14. Spacey

Out of interest what would you pay for 120 of simplay including travel and accommodation costs ?

15. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

I agree, work in London is a nightmare.
    We work all over the country, but probably spend about 70% of our time in London.
    Over the past couple of years, I decided to up our rates in London, quite significantly, and have found that with most of our work, cost is not that big an issue.
    I`ve also found, that if the right questions are asked, before the job is priced, people can often accommodate parking etc
    I appreciate, this is not necessarily the case for subbies, but if your working direct, it`s not always that bad

16. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Nights and Sunday's for me! If it's London. Much prefer it.

17. deby carter

deby carter Member

How long do you reckon it would take to install 120m2 of this product considering its a loose lay plank so no adhesive. Possible prep maybe depending on state of subfloor. But if no prep and just install, then 2 guys, 1-2 days max perhaps (30m2 each per day which I think would be easy)? I will have a better idea when I see it this week. Could be lots of in out areas. Oh yeah, I arrange parking, pay travel/fuel too. You get a drawing, a cutting plan and even a video of the survey I've done. I'm pretty thorough and try and make the fitters day as easy as poss (even in London!!). \what rates do you guys charge for doing this type? Per day, per m2 rate??

18. Johnnybgood1680

Johnnybgood1680 Well-Known Member

If you fly me over and put me up il do it !