Has this been fitted correctly?

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by 35Scooby35, Aug 28, 2019.

1. 35Scooby35

35Scooby35 New Member

Hi, hopefully someone can help me, we recently purchased this carpet from a well respected (we thought!) store. The carpet has been bound and laid on our stairs but has been left with a raw edge to it.
    The fitter came out to do remedial work on this and another issue, but he basically just pushed the frayed edges under so when I ran my finger along they were still there. I’m worried that when I hoover it’s only going to get worse. I asked him could he not of turned the edge over but because it’s all tacked down he couldn’t do that.
    The company are saying that the fitting is fine and that it’s “a natural characteristic of the carpet”...( surely that can’t be right). They’re not willing to do anything else to rectify it.
    Could you let me know if this is a satisfactory fitting of it? Will the fraying get worse? What do you guys think?
    Many thanks

upload_2019-8-28_12-1-5.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-28_12-2-58.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-28_12-4-23.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-28_12-20-2.jpeg

2. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

It should be tucked into gripper, apart from looking bad, it will fray, luckily it looks loose enough to be put right

3. 35Scooby35

35Scooby35 New Member

Thanks, there doesn’t seem to be any gripper there, it’s all held in place with tacks

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

That’s rubbish. Should be tucked in better and sealed to stop it fraying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

when the edges were done the end should have been done as well to stop this issue

6. 35Scooby35

35Scooby35 New Member

Thanks for the advIce, will get back in touch with the store. 3 out of 3 replies saying it’s not fitted correctly helps, I take it from all the different answers there’s no 1 particular way to finish it off?

7. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

It looks saggy enough to take off and redo but failing that then a fresh piece required. Did they leave you with any offcuts?

8. Sivsaints

Sivsaints Active Member

That Looks terrible and the shop reckon that’s fitted properly ? Shocking