Hello .

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by John hayes, Oct 22, 2015.

1. John hayes

John hayes Well-Known Member

Hello there guys trainee floor layer. Learning to fit carpet and lvt (amtico/karndean ) from Suffolk here. Just come on here to see common problems and what sort of stuff you guys are into . A guy at my work told me to see if my company can send me one the floorings skills course with matt I belive so will see if I have any luck. Just done the fball product 2 day course.. its all about selling you there profit realy although I learnt some valuable things about subfloor moisture etc.. got the karndean course coming up next month. So just here saying hi and I do realy most posts. But not much I could assist anyone on at the moment. You guys are very knowledgeable n good to read the posts

2. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome mate, glad to someone new coming into the trade. :cool:

3. John hayes

Hello there guys trainee floor layer. Learning to fit carpet and lvt (amtico/karndean ) from Suffolk here I'm English .. Just come on here to see common problems and what sort of stuff you guys are into . A guy at my work told me to see if my company can send me on one of the floorings skills course with matt I belive so will see if I have any luck. Just done the fball product 2 day course.. its all about selling you there product realy. ...although I learnt some valuable things about subfloor moisture etc.. got the karndean course coming up next month. So just here saying hi and I do read most posts...But not much I could assist anyone on at the moment. You guys are very knowledgeable n good to read the posts

4. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome John

Welcome John

o_O

5. John hayes

Thanks mate. Wrote it twice as I type it fast on my phone n it hardly made sense and stuff was wrongly spelt haha. Where all you guys from and where abouts do you work ?

6. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum, good time to be getting into the trade, prices on the rise and plenty of work out there if your good enough.

7. DM Flooring

DM Flooring Well-Known Member

Welcome John, good to have you on here. I'm from Preston, Lancashire

8. RPB

RPB Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi John, you'll find this forum a wealth of knowledge, and the guys here offer great advice.
    You'll enjoy the Karndean course, Neil's a great bloke and a great tutor.
    No doubt you'll be staying in Evesham for a few days.., if you pop into town there's a few decent pubs... (Red Horse is my local) :)

9. Spacey

Top tip DON'T USE A HEAT GUN

10. RPB

Tip...., Do use a heat gun... :)

11. Spacey

No no no no no no no......:mad:

12. Spacey

Please explain why ???????????

13. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

To wind you up ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. John hayes

Heat gun to cut round pans etc? I normally scribe everything in. I realy like it and I think flooring is a great trade sometimes a bit hard on my knees . Just juggling what knee pads to wear keep buying some to wear to feel what's best. Using the foam snicker inserts doubled up with the red backs at the moment working realy well exept there so heavy lol. Don't know what you guys are into seems like alot of you do commercial . As I work in the domestic side of my company

15. RPB

Bending curved border strips around bull noses, and bending plank work :)

16. Spacey

You need a heat gun to do that ? Lol :rolleyes:

17. DM Flooring

DM Flooring Well-Known Member

And you don't. Hmmmm. Kev, RPB or Rich has spent a lot of time at Karndean and especially with Neil Andrew and as you know when we did the border on Advanced we used a heat gun to gently bend the border. Rich has been diversifying from the being in the fire service to becoming a floor layer and needs all the help/advice we can give him. Me and Daz met up with him at Harrogate and he's a really nice bloke.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  18. RPB

I'm just a novice :) however, I listen, learn and take advice from many people :) some do and some don't ??

19. Spacey

Yeah I know

20. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Heat guns good for drying your latex and heating up the bubbles in your sheet vinyl