Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by LKAB Gypsol Alan Jackson, Jun 25, 2021.

1. LKAB Gypsol Alan Jackson

LKAB Gypsol Alan Jackson Well-Known Member

Hi All

I got banned for "spam" last time so here goes to try again.

I am currently National Commercial manager, previously Technical and Specifications manager for the UK's largest suppliers of anhydrite screed binders. I have spent 22 years dealing with anhydrite binders and screeds with several manufacturers from a technical, specification and of course sales basis for all of that time and have been dealing with screeds generally since 1996. I have spent several years on the manufacturer's committees for the CFA and sat on the steering committee for the tiling association to produce their guide on tiling to anhydrite screed. I was the vice chair for the Anglia region CFA for a time and run training courses for flooring contractors both directly and through flooring manufacturers. I have also been involved in British Standards, and training bodies like CITB, CPA, and other construction and flooring academies. I like to think I have learned a lot not only about floor screeds, but also floor coverings. I don't profess to be a competent floor covering installer as I don't think I could cut a straight line in a vinyl sheet if my life depended on it. I do however know what you are supposed to do and they always say that those who can do and those who cant teach.

I am here to help and advise if its needed.

I am also interested to know why I got banned for "spam" previously. If my sign in was compromised and stuff was put on erroneously in my name then fine but I didn't spam anyone on purpose and there seems to be no way to contact the administrators from outside the forum to let them know it was in error.

If you guys don't want any advice that's fine but if you do I am happy to offer it.

2. AngryAndy

AngryAndy Well-Known Member

I am sure your expertise will be very welcome here.

3. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Been seeing these gypsums screeds lately and they are saying they will be dry in 7 days. You heard of this one ?

4. LKAB Gypsol Alan Jackson

hmm. 7days very unlikely. They can be loaded after 7 days and UFH can be commissioned and run after 5 to 7 days but fully dry… I doubt it.

In perfect conditions 14 days based on 50mm depth is doable with Gypsol Rapide which has been about for about 18 months. Most of the ones I’ve been on have been about 21 days or so due to depth and site conditions. With normal anhydrite 28 days is possible again in perfect conditions at 50mm. Perfect conditions is 20C and 65% rh with good ventilation. It’s ventilation most people miss out.

5. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Hey Alan, where you based please, I work for Murexin - could be worth a chat

6. LKAB Gypsol Alan Jackson

Based in Eastern U.K.

7. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

I’m essex

8. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

9. LKAB Gypsol Alan Jackson

Youd be better talking to our London and South East rep. Ping me your number and ill get him to call you

10. jrobinett

jrobinett Member

Welcome, all members from Florida.