Help me identify an 'off the roll' carpet from 2006 !

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by Paul S, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Paul S

Paul S New Member

Hello all,

In 2006 me & the Mrs purchased a carpet 'off the roll' from May's Carpets in Swindon, I am attaching an image of the actual carpet for you all to see. We had this in our living room while trying to create a country cottage look and it worked really well although some might not agree with the style of carpet matching that particular theme but hey, we liked it.

We recently moved to a new property and as sad as it sounds we would love to reproduce the main living room again and the key to it is this carpet. We went back to May's only to find it is now Carpet Right and they no longer do the actual carpet we originally purchased :-(

The guy there, as we still had some off cuts of the carpet, told us to bring it in as he was sure they could identify the name of the carpet we had and it could still be available even though Carpet Right didn't actually display a sample. Guess what, we forgot to ask his name.........we went back last week and a 'completely useless person' told us basically zero and nothing could be done. He showed us the 4 samples of similar carpet designs they had but these were so aggressive in their colour and pattern that we could not handle looking at any of them in our living room for sure.

So......

Is there anyone who recognizes this carpet, originally from may's, the name of it, possibly the manufacturer of the carpet ? ? ? ?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Best Regards
    Paul

Attached Files:

2. JB Flooring

JB Flooring Well-Known Member

I’m not sure on the exact carpet but panel temple Wilton Carpet colour beige/ brown 27 2352 looks very similar could have a look at that?

3. Paul S

Paul S New Member

*Discontinued* on google search but similar design as you say, bit aggressive with the primary colours though as ours was quite 'pastel shaded' shall we say.

What is this pattern type known as anyway, is it Persian or something ?

Thanks anyway

4. JB Flooring

JB Flooring Well-Known Member

I’m not quite sure, I’m sure some of the other guys have a bit more knowledge