Herringbone around island

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by jordan drakes, Jul 12, 2022.

1. jordan drakes

jordan drakes Member

Hi. Got a herringbone job starting. I am wondering on what you guys do when making the herringbone meet up around the island. I have done it before by dry laying it etc. but this island i have got to link it up round is the length of my vw crafter van. Cheers

2. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

You could try taping a straight edge down both sides, to make sure there isn't any run out

3. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Dry fit up both sides making sure you keep to the line you have marked out then meet them at the top from both sides. Tape them as you go along and then you can do your tweaks section by section. I find the long islands easier for some reason o_O

If you use a straight edge which will probably be a 4m one by sounds of it then make sure it is straight, I always check with my laser line.
    The cheap straight edges ain't straight so make sure you check.

If you have 2 lasers then use them but a fine pencil line works better for me.

4. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

I sometimes use mdf skirts as a straight edge, i always have plenty lying around, it's usually straight and stuck down with a few bits of double sided tape, it gives me a nice thick solid edge to work to