HI GUYS! HELP!!

Discussion in 'Subfloor Preparation' started by koolash3, Nov 9, 2017.

1. koolash3

koolash3 Member

Hi all,
    I have been building workshops for a chap who has a vintage bike collection, and we had a local flooring company in .
    The remit was to provide a durable finished surface to our newly concreted floor, needs to be fairly durable for working on his bikes!
    They sugested Ardex na and they carried out the work ,rolling on a barely covering primer and next day laying the Ardex coating on.
    The next day there were tiny like moon craters all over it ,so I called them back and they overlaid it with feather edge.
    We now have another large 60 square metre concrete floored building which will be used as a bike showroom, so now we are going to do this ourselves.
    Is ardex na the best product to use for a durable floor which will be painted with good quality floor paint,or what would you recommend?
    I contacted Ardex after the initial job ,to find out what paint I should use, and they told me that poor priming was the cause of they craters and the NA was not the right product for this type of floor , however the customer is totally happy with the surface after we coated it with two coats of FLAG floor paint.
    So what do you suggest we use for this showroom floor,
    Thanks in anticipation ASH

2. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

Did you not ask Ardex when you were asking all these questions?

3. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

NA is definitely not suitable its far to soft and will dent easily

The little creators are from poor priming yes

4. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Stopgap 800

5. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

That’s what I said Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. koolash3

koolash3 Member

Thanks Guys !
    Good to see you are all willing to give me some valid advice,
    I will have a word with Ardex as well and let you know how I proceed.
    If I use a skid or pin leveller for the slc , will it scratch through the primer and therefore break the seal?
    the concrete was poured about two months ago and roof has been on three weeks ,so should be pretty dry now.
    Have a good weekend ASH

7. J d clarkson flooring

J d clarkson flooring Well-Known Member

N/a is far too soft for a painted surface, it must be covered with a floor covering..... also it’s a safe bet your concrete is still damp so if you want to use a hard water based levelling compound it will more than likely need a dpm or moisture suppressant