How do I get rid of this stain? Engineered wood floor

Discussion in 'FAQ Section For Consumers' started by Mike Blunden, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Mike Blunden

Mike Blunden New Member

Hi,

I’m really. It sure what to do with this one. I had a rug on my engineered wooden floor and took it up to give it a good clean. I never knew you shouldn’t put rugs directly onto wooden floors and it’s created this stain!

I went online and following advice I used some Hydrogen Peroxide 3% to clear it. I initially left it on for a couple of minutes and then left a rag soaked in it on the stain for a good few hours but it made very little difference.

Does anyone age any ideas of what I can do to get rid of it please? I really thought the H.Peroxide would work but it’s been pretty useless!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

You could try lemon juice, it's a natural bleach

3. Mike Blunden

Mike Blunden New Member

Ok ta I’ll give it a go. Any idea why the Hydrogen Peroxide didn’t work??? I thought it was a sure thing to clear it after what I’d been reading.

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

How has it stained? You shouldn’t have a problem putting a rug on a wooden floor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Mike Blunden

Mike Blunden New Member

e

6. d'Arcy

d'Arcy Well-Known Member

Have you got underfloor heating?

7. Mike Blunden

Mike Blunden New Member

No.

8. d'Arcy

d'Arcy Well-Known Member

Ah, thought it could have been a burn - a lot of people don't seem to know you're not supposed to put rugs on underfloor heating, as it insulates, creating heat spikes over the reccomended specs...