is quickstep still the best

Discussion in 'Wood' started by Anthony Mason, May 31, 2020.

1. Anthony Mason

Anthony Mason Member

just wondering if quick step is still considered the best budget laminate to get for around 15- 25 psqm or have other laminates taken over whereas quickstep are still good but behind others now

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Quickstep the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. AngryAndy

AngryAndy Well-Known Member

Krona is well worth a look. Really good products & great value.

4. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

Quickstep the best budget laminate????
    err
    no lol
    They are pricing themselves out of retailers shop space imo

5. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Elka is a decent budget laminate. But for me quickstep impressive is the best laminate out there.

6. Anthony Mason

Anthony Mason Member

thanks for suggestions. ive been looking at quickstep impressive direct from quickstep with free delivery, or haro tritty 200 and faus from wood2u the latter two offer lifetime and commercial guarantees at an ac5/ac6 rating but cant find enough info/opinions online about them, and quickstep i hear is best but see a lot of negative reviews online. main priority is that it is hardwearing and long lasting but i have to stick to around 20-23 sqm

7. Anthony Mason

Anthony Mason Member

one thing is that i looked online for the best underlay and sonic gold came up and that it is fake stuff unless ordered from trade priced.com who charge a lot more for it. so i went that route and still recieved a fake version and they have ignored any correspondance

8. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Haro will be good as it’s German. The negative reviews are probably more likely for their LVT clic

9. Anthony Mason

Anthony Mason Member

i think it was on this forum i read fitters had problems with pallets of haro recently

10. merit

merit Well-Known Member

So you’ve not heard negative reviews of quickstep then?

11. Anthony Mason

Anthony Mason Member

i cant post links but typing in quickstep reviews theres a lot of 1 stars tho it could just be that people only review when they have problems. ive just been looking also into elka that is a cheaper version of quickstep it seems but im not sure if it will be as good.

12. Scf

Scf Well-Known Member

I push quickstep as much as possible, its a cut above the rest. Wouldn't call it budget but if the customer wants quality then its quickstep and it fits like a dream. The new signature range is the most realistic looking board out there imo.

13. Anthony Mason

Anthony Mason Member

thanks for the suggestions, decided to go with quickstep rather than trying to find something better quality for same price. ease of fitting is a bonus too. cant quite afford signature range so looking at impressive

14. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Dont anyone like egger?

15. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

I've got a kellars one in,I'm sure the rep said it was egger, haven't sold any yet, as i only put the stand in just before lockdown, looks nice stuff though and a nice stand

16. Scf

Scf Well-Known Member

Ive never tried egger. What sort of price is it (retail). Whats it like to fit?

17. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Egger is decent. We only do quickstep and egger

18. ALeesLLD

ALeesLLD Member

Quickstep and Korona are two of the best. I've never had any problems with either.

19. LaminateFlooring

LaminateFlooring Member

As always still the best but like the other guy said you might want to look into Elka