Is this kardean supposed to do this?

Discussion in 'FAQ Section For Consumers' started by Rebecca Leslie, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Rebecca Leslie

Rebecca Leslie Member

House is about 100 years old. We knocked two rooms together and floored the whole lot. Underneath one bit it was concrete and the other bit was boards. They put ply over the boards to make it all level, then put a ? Latex screed ? Over the whole lot to give a proper surface for the karndean. Most of the gap bits are on the part of the room overlying the wooden boards. But the bit over the join is fine so I’m not sure that would be it. Also the bit over the wooden floor which they re laid is now fine and flush. They said that the adhesive hadn’t worked properly for that bit?
    I suppose what we are wondering is, is there a way we could fix it? And is it worth going with the same company or do we just give up on them and start again. Can’t afford that just now but would be helpful to know. Thank you for the suggestions. I just don’t have a clue if this is what’s supposed to happen. We went for karndean to try to avoid gaps etc so it’s gutting

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Are the gaps appearing in areas that have a lot of sunlight? The adhesives have limitations. Also if the floor was installed at a hot time of year the vinyl will have grown. What adhesive did they use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Did they put down a dpm or take a moisture reading? Hopefully both. Is the concrete area 100 years old!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Doesn’t sound like a dpm was applied

5. Trimmer

Trimmer Well-Known Member

Are the air bricks clear on the timber side?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk