Karndean in headlam

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Distinctive Adam, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

So what's everybody's thoughts about the above, I know there's been rumours for ages, but I can confirm that the above is happening.

Halls flooring (headlam) are running k trade, HDC and looselay.

I hope you platinum retailers have got some great reasons for keeping them expensive showrooms!!

Unbelievable.

2. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

was talking to a rep last week, he was saying that one of my headlam branches are getting their k/dean account taken away from them.
    Of course, could be utter conjecture, time will tell.
    It is unbelievable that they still have the snobby, arrogant attitude towards their brand when they whore it anywhere and everywhere.
    Prices for stands are horrific, but I spose its very well known to the public
    And like one of my pals said to me in passing, 'they are like the dyson of the hoover world'
    Whenever someone wants a hoover, 99% immediately think of a dyson lol
    marketing jedi's

3. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

To be fair though dyson can back up their name with top end products....

4. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hoover are not doing to bad as a brand name either LOL . You mean a vacuum.

5. coolevilangel

in fairness to Karndean
    I know a lot of you have your issues with quality etc
    Ive not had any installation problems with any of their ranges & find it v good to work with
    The strips on the other hand lol:rolleyes:

6. Distinctive Adam

Mike, so what's your thoughts on karndean and headlam?

7. coolevilangel

Id imagine the they wll run into warranty issues etc
    Which will lead to major problems
    Id be crying to sleep every night if I had a platinum display showroom that i'd paid out for

8. Distinctive Adam

Headlam usually agree a % of complaints with any manufacture without the need of a visit. Let's be fair tho, it doesn't affect karndean being sold throughout many independent wholesalers etc. I'd be gutted if I was told the whole 'we promise we will look after you, no other accounts in your area etc' chat.

9. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Doesn't bother me in the slightest as long as it's only those ranges ie the ones no one wants

10. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Thankfully I used my points to get my showroom, deffo wouldn't be spending 20K on one. Karndean really need to accept that Looselay and K Trade were the worst products they have ever produced. Version 3 in now out there and we'll behaving Version 4 by the end of the year! Instead of trying to tie up the entire market (poorly) why are they not focussing on improving on production quality of the ranges that folk actually buy? Biggest is certainly not always best! A bit like Headlam funnily enough ;)

11. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Funnily enough I don't really use headlam

12. Distinctive Adam

I heard karndean have a click they're releasing

13. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Oh no, give it 6 months and they'll be telling us it has to be glued every join:rolleyes:

14. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

It's already made Adam, Mike Walker put the brakes on its release so as not to take away from Looselay 3 ...... hmm need he have bothered??

15. DM Flooring

DM Flooring Well-Known Member

Demonstration at Pennine Flooring on 24th of April of new Karndean looselay and Pallio Click LVT.

16. Lvtman

Lvtman Well-Known Member

The clicks out. Reps bought samples to our shop and we can buy it now.

Don't see how it's gonna affect us with headlam stocking the stuff. Good luck to anyone who's buys it from them and has a complaint though lol. I can't see them getting the full guarantee and this is a major selling point for us. The customers love it.

It's sucks the price they charge for the stand but aslong as you sell loads of the stuff you get it all back in rebate anyway.

17. Distinctive Adam

The deals done which means there be something in place regarding g'tees. I can't wait for the white van man to be set up on better terms than a retailer :eek: