Karndean Korlok

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by nevertrever2, Jul 26, 2017.

1. nevertrever2

nevertrever2 Well-Known Member

Has anyone fitted the Karndean Korlok before? anything I should look out for? I've fitted most click lvt but never a karndean one

2. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Should be fairly straight forward mate

3. austenwells

austenwells Active Member

Tell us how you get on... interesting product!

4. nevertrever2

nevertrever2 Well-Known Member

I haven't even seen the product, from what I've read it's got a drop down click system and 6mm thick so I'm hoping it's a laminate style fitting, it's going over underfloor heating and the shop where she's getting it from recommended it.

5. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

There's an installation PDF you can download karndeans website

6. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Rigid click is the future for click lvt, the only issue with wpc versions is they are filled with air rather than material

7. Flooring Innovations

Flooring Innovations Active Member

You learn something new every day. Interesting.
    Just been asked to price for this flooring to be fitted in a conservatory. RKP8110 Antique French Oak 6.5mm Domestic heavy/Commercial Heavy classification.
    Just spoken with a fitter that had bubbling issues with a job he fitted using Korlok. Karndean replaced the flooring but not the fitting costs.
    Think I will give the tech department a call to see if it's ok for a conservatory first.

8. Flooring Innovations

Flooring Innovations Active Member

Just answered my own question.

Note: High Spillage Wet Areas/Sun Rooms/Conservatories/Panoramic Windows:

In areas that are likely to be subject to high water spillage or extreme temperature fluctuations, the use of a full spread epoxy or urethane adhesive is recommended.